Atlus appreciation topic

#11Nickcool1996Posted 2/7/2013 9:43:42 PM
I appreciate Atlus.

For Europeans, you should know that Atlus doesn't have an EU division, which is why a certain company (Night-somethingorwhatever) publishes their games a year or so afterwards. Waiting a year for localizations is horrible, but waiting 2-3 years is worse.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o451/Behiimosu/dickkick.jpg
#12_Izanagi_Posted 2/7/2013 9:58:28 PM
I love Atlus. And I will continue to as long as SMT IV doesn't play like Strange Journey did.

TakayaNoriko posted...
Haku posted...
Atlus suck. They hate Europe and I hate them. Hopefully more companies see the light and give games to competent companies rather than them, like they did with Dark Souls. Best decision ever to not give it to them, meant every one got it in decent time.

They seem pretty indifferent to Europe. I tried telling them about the problems, but the only thing that happened was Atlus shrugged.

Which is why I and many others suggest that people from Europe import consoles and all games from North America. It's cheaper, and you'll get many games Europe doesn't get, while only missing out on a handful of games that Europe gets and that North America doesn't.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#13Darkstorm16Posted 2/7/2013 10:00:21 PM
I pretty much a huge Atlus fan...just trying to find them is a whooole new issue. Thankfully it's all digital now ^-^
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch (2nd Generation)
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#14MetalLokiPosted 2/7/2013 10:14:42 PM
Not just the 3DS. They are finally doing a console SMT game and for the Wii U no less.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board and
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem board.
#15DrakillionPosted 2/7/2013 11:16:52 PM
Atlus, thank you for for Odin Sphere, Nocturne, The Strange Journey, Devil Survivor 1 and 2, and of course, Persona! Post Persona 2 anyway...

But dang it, Atlus. I signed up for your Atlus Faithful program, and what do I get in my e-mails? Announcements of games and pre-orders for the 3DS :/ Are you trying to make me regret buying a Vita? *chuckles in exasperation*

There was that one ad for Godmode though.
---
---
"Dating Yukari Takeba is, like, the closest thing to dating Michelle Ruff, so I don't see the reason why not."- My brother XD
#16darkness1018Posted 2/7/2013 11:39:36 PM
Darkstorm16 posted...
I pretty much a huge Atlus fan...just trying to find them is a whooole new issue. Thankfully it's all digital now ^-^

If you just pre order them you wont have this problem. I reserve every Atlus game i know im gonna get.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#17neonickPosted 2/8/2013 12:07:42 AM
I've only ever played the Trauma series, but they are awesome games, enough to make love Atlus. I just wish they would give the 3DS some Trauma love.
---
OWS: "a bunch of iPhone, iPad wielding spoiled brats who should stop getting in the way of working people and find jobs for themselves." Frank Miller
#18HakuPosted 2/8/2013 6:17:27 AM
hpl138 posted...
Haku posted...
Atlus suck. They hate Europe and I hate them. Hopefully more companies see the light and give games to competent companies rather than them, like they did with Dark Souls. Best decision ever to not give it to them, meant every one got it in decent time.

With that attitude you might as well hate every Japanese company as well since they don't bring tons of games outside of Japan...

Point being, it's silly. These places right or wrong make decisions based on where they think they can sell the most. It's not because "they hate Europe".

Disagree. Atlus hate Europe. Persona 4 arena, perfect example.

Region lock it, claim it's to stop reverse importing from America to Japan. Yet they still lock Europe out. It's not all or nothing on the consoles, they could have quite easily made the Japanese version, Japan only and the American version, everyone except Japan. No reverse importing and no screw job on Europe.

Persona 4 area again. Had a publisher nearly straight away, huge delay on it. Why? Atlus can't be bothered to give Zen united the EU build.

Nickcool1996 posted...
I appreciate Atlus.

For Europeans, you should know that Atlus doesn't have an EU division, which is why a certain company (Night-somethingorwhatever) publishes their games a year or so afterwards. Waiting a year for localizations is horrible, but waiting 2-3 years is worse.

NIS America don't either, and they self publish here. Also see above about persona 4. The whole, don't have an EU division excuse doesn't work for that one.

_Izanagi_ posted...

Which is why I and many others suggest that people from Europe import consoles and all games from North America. It's cheaper, and you'll get many games Europe doesn't get, while only missing out on a handful of games that Europe gets and that North America doesn't.

Where are these much cheaper games? I keep asking everytime this comes up and no one wants to tell me :(.

3DS games are 29.99 here ($45). Games in the US are $40. So to make any saving it has to be free shipping and every single one has to come though customs without getting caught for VAT.