restore points ruin games like mega man?

#11HurricaneManningPosted 2/8/2013 5:03:07 PM
Save stating on the level select screen isn't a huge deal.

The password system accounts for your e-tanks, so if you disagree with save states you better never write down your password.
---
Suck for Luck watch: SUCCESS
BOILER UP!
#12malfionPosted 2/8/2013 5:11:22 PM
I use restore points at the start of a level. If I die or lose a lot of HP, I reload. Its just faster than a password/resetting. I don't use it in boss battles or anything.
---
http://i.imgflip.com/5mil.gif
#13millimaynePosted 2/8/2013 9:41:31 PM
I'll say this, the restore points saved me for Ninja Gaiden. I can now say "no thanks! when I lose to Jacquio and the game wants to send me all the way back to the start of 6-1
---
"It's official, you SU-" *bam!* The last words of Shao Khan before getting Liu Kang'd
#14n00bsaib0tPosted 2/8/2013 9:47:09 PM

The password system accounts for your e-tanks, so if you disagree with save states you better never write down your password.

You do know that the save state system works in other places too, like say... after every hit you deal to a boss so you can undo every mistake you make?

Yeah, you can make a save state at the level select screen after beating all the bosses so you don't have to input the password to go to Wily stage 1, but you can also make a save state where Dr Wily himself has 1 hit left.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#15Cody32390Posted 2/8/2013 10:12:36 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...

You do know that the save state system works in other places too, like say... after every hit you deal to a boss so you can undo every mistake you make?

Yeah, you can make a save state at the level select screen after beating all the bosses so you don't have to input the password to go to Wily stage 1, but you can also make a save state where Dr Wily himself has 1 hit left.

....ok
---
Real talk.
*CodyBDC*
#16n00bsaib0tPosted 2/8/2013 10:16:54 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...

....ok

So you don't see any issue with people using save states to make those long pixel perfect jumps or beat that boss that's giving them trouble then saying "yeah, I beat Ninja Gaiden" or "yeah, I beat all the NES Mega Man games" or, and here is a big one "I beat Battletoads"?
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#17SMASHKING84Posted 2/8/2013 10:18:22 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...

ITP:some people abuse a system therefore it's evil.

I myself just save state after i beat a stage that way when i turn off the power i can go back to that stage without entering a password.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GODCCAOyCCs CRYAMORE FTW
#18TAoRPosted 2/8/2013 10:31:01 PM
If people wanna cheat to beat a game and deprive themselves of actually accomplishing it legitimately that's their choice regardless of how stupid it is.
---
Oh, oh, oh ice-cold milk and an oreo cookie...
#19Chaos_MissilePosted 2/8/2013 10:41:58 PM
HurricaneManning posted...

The password systems never accounts for your progress through the fortress stages(I think save states also, if by what MM9 shows), so using the password would ALWAYS take you back before the start of the brutal gauntlet stages.

As a MM clone with a twist, the doujin game RKS had no save states, instead opting for passwords. Said password will always bring you back to the start of the fortress stages. What makes it kinda annoying is the fact that said game has 8 fortress stages including the final one.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#20Mariofan15Posted 2/8/2013 10:43:42 PM
If people wanna cheat to beat a game and deprive themselves of actually accomplishing it legitimately that's their choice regardless of how stupid it is.

So,because people dont want to waste time and time making some stupid perfect jump like you do,savestates are stupid? Lol.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924