restore points ruin games like mega man?

#51KAMMYqueenPosted 2/9/2013 5:57:23 AM
not everyone grew up playing these games,
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#52n00bsaib0tPosted 2/9/2013 6:05:45 AM

That's a great reason to cheat. I didn't grow up going to college either, I should be able to cheat there too. I also didn't grow up doing taxes, I should totally cheat those as well.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#53Xenesis XenonPosted 2/9/2013 6:08:32 AM
TAoR posted...
lol. Super Meat Boy doesn't have lives and lets you save whenever because it's one of those tryhard iwtbtg indie platformers where you die in one hit and the game is designed around killing you a stupid amount of times.

Actually, unlike IWTBG, it's a well designed game.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#54PinkyHaLa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:18:18 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...

That's a great reason to cheat. I didn't grow up going to college either, I should be able to cheat there too. I also didn't grow up doing taxes, I should totally cheat those as well.

wtf...missed the point much?
#55TAoRPosted 2/9/2013 6:23:50 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#56TAoRPosted 2/9/2013 6:26:45 AM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
TAoR posted...
lol. Super Meat Boy doesn't have lives and lets you save whenever because it's one of those tryhard iwtbtg indie platformers where you die in one hit and the game is designed around killing you a stupid amount of times.

Actually, unlike IWTBG, it's a well designed game.

Ok I lied about being done with this thread.

Yes it is a much more well designed game then IWTBTG. I actually like it a lot, just saying it's the same style of platformer except based on skill over simply memorizing what happens when.
---
Oh, oh, oh ice-cold milk and an oreo cookie...
#57DeathSoul2000Posted 2/9/2013 6:42:32 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...

i suppose its lucky videogames aren't "seriousbusiness" then. i see no reason to not cheat on videogames, since they have no real world influence on anything unlike the other things you mentioned.
#58iMURDAuPosted 2/9/2013 7:32:52 AM
Save states are optional. I'd totally exploit them for Battletoads though.

They shouldn't be necessary for Mega Man games. The VC saves where you are when you close a game so I just close from the stage select screen. Then I can resume and pick which robot master to slaughter next. The games aren't even that difficult if you sit and play them and can follow patterns. You don't have to "grow up with them". I never played a Fire Emblem game before and I'd say I'm doing okay on classic/hard setting for Awakening.

Sometimes I think there are people who would be upset not to find a white tanooki suit available in SMB 3. "But I died X amount of times, where's my free pass?"
---
Make the worst possible retailer an exclusive for a masterpiece game.. It's like putting Rolex into a Walmart."
-LordClyde on Gamestop selling Xenoblade
#59darkstriker00Posted 2/9/2013 7:37:54 AM
I still don't see the problem with someone using the restore points to enjoy the game in the manner they want. Ok so they're using it to make a game easier.......... why would this upset you? Is it simply when someone posts on the internet how they were able to easily beat a hard part of the game by constantly "restoring" that it makes you mad? Why should it? Let them enjoy the game and simply don't read their posts.
---
PSN-darkstriker00
#60TAoRPosted 2/9/2013 7:47:48 AM(edited)
Thankfully I've never seen someone brag about cheating to beat a game.
---
Oh, oh, oh ice-cold milk and an oreo cookie...