Etrian Odyssey 4 - not too impressed

#171AkaneJonesPosted 2/17/2013 11:37:51 PM
DynamicJumpIuff posted...
And I'd rather SMT IV if I had to pick an Atlus 3DS game...

I think most people would choose SMT IV over EOIV.

Including most EO fans.

If it's anything like Strange Journey no... Warp Dungeon's are crappy when you can't make notes on your map about where you go. I thought the human art was far stiffer than anything in all the EO. The story got excessively preachy, which was an issue because of making your party elite special forces rather than general Japanese teens and such. Also the game forces you to fuse away demons you carefully craft, which are that way because gain skill randomized so it takes forever to get the right skill on your demon in the first place, because the level up system is built on a curve so it becomes excessively grindy. Lets just say those kind of issue make me easily chose EOIV over Soul Hackers, and SH has it's own issues by being old even if new cinemas.

You make it sound like most Etrian Odyssey fan will just eat up Shin Megami Tensei IV and love it better. That's clearly not the case. If you play EO game with no intent to explore or map you are missing half the game.
#172DynamicJumpIuffPosted 2/17/2013 11:41:04 PM
You make it sound like most Etrian Odyssey fan will just eat up Shin Megami Tensei IV and love it better. That's clearly not the case. If you play EO game with no intent to explore or map you are missing half the game.

I get what you're saying and I do think I should have worded that post better. Oh well, what's done is done. :u

I was caught up in my way of thinking that SMT IV is a unicorn. n:
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#173Devilman_AmonPosted 2/18/2013 1:31:50 AM
Even a ridiculously small and low budget 2006 PSP title like "My Dungeon: Desire and Adventurous Spirit" is better

http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/09/12/ore-no-dungeon-desire-and-adventurous-spirit
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#174IHeartMetroidPosted 2/18/2013 2:02:33 AM(edited)
Good God, this topic is still going?

Oh, that's right.

This is GameFAQs here. The land of people who will never agree on anything and yet can't leave each other the hell alone, so you get crap like this getting hundreds and hundreds of posts despite the fact that nobody will ever win anything for the time they spend here.

To the people insulting Etrian Oddysey IV-
All right, you've made your posts. You don't like the damn game. Enough already. Just because it's not your cup of tea doesn't make it a bad game, it just makes it a game that was not designed for you. So shut the hell up about it already and go find something to play you do enjoy, because that's what games are about, you know? Having fun? Some people absolutely adore Etrian Oddysey IV, and you popping on here and poking people with a figurative stick because you think you know what they like better than they do isn't going to change any minds.

To the people responding to those insulting Etrian Oddysey IV-
You've made your posts. You love the game. That's great! It'll sell well, certainly. Do you really think that anyone who would come on here and troll for weeks on end about nitpicking little aspect of the game will actually listen to anything rational you have to say? It's not worth your time to argue about it- they're never going to like the game, and nothing is going to change that.

Sheesh.
---
Currently ignoring 3 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#175waijiePosted 2/18/2013 2:09:41 AM
I thought I wouldn't like games with this style until I played the demo because I was bored.

Interestingly, it hooked me for more than 5 hours which is actually quite a lot for a demo.

However, there are quite a lot of games coming in this month and next month, so I will be evaluating those too before choosing which to buy.
---
Friend code: 3883-4770-5153 waijie666
Char name/Farm name: Waijie/Echo
#176BingSanpaoPosted 2/18/2013 2:18:38 AM
The Etrian odyssey series are some of my favorite games on the DS. Reminds me of Dungeon Master but I can see why newcomers to the genre just wouldn't like it. That's why releasing the demo is a great move, people can just make their mind up.
#177Holy_forksPosted 2/18/2013 2:25:50 AM
does anyone remember this?

http://www.atlus.com/etrian/comic.htm

Haters, reffer to this official comic from atlus. Etrian is a brain game!
---
3DS : 1504-5787-9398
#178RazieruPosted 2/18/2013 10:01:36 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
Good God, this topic is still going?

Don't be so uptight, bro. Remember this is where all the jolly old N Force with capes, swords, and shields b**** and moan about people trolling and not liking what they like, yet flip it when people mirror their antics and plant their feet on their side of that lush green grass.

As you said, this is GameFAQs. It's the realm where you should NEVER take ANYONE or what they do and say seriously because they lack the maturity to get past such a debacle. Agree to disagree kids. It's the human way.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#179deimos91Posted 2/18/2013 10:36:43 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#180deimos91Posted 2/18/2013 5:54:53 PM
blackweasel30 posted...
Razieru posted...
blackweasel30 posted...
G1ingy posted...
So your imagination died a long time ago...

ITP: Not liking an archaic exploration system = HURR DURR NO IMAGINATION

Eh, just grind that ignorance that is spewed at you down to the nothing it is. I see the tiny Etrian Odyssey fan base is really trying to chew you out. They sound like a bunch of old fellows peeved at the fact that their mundane franchise is suffering severely from an ancient graphical style, and us young ones, and other people of THIS age, just can't take it seriously at all.

Besides, why the hell should I have an imagination? I'm playing a ****ing video game, genius!

Quoted for truth. Extremely small fan base EO4 army is out full force tonight.

TC is butthurt because he knows i am right
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951