"I don't like first person games because I don't see my characters"

#1Black_AssassinPosted 2/8/2013 5:42:33 AM
Someone please explain me the mindset behind this in depth.
#2eadricsonPosted 2/8/2013 5:45:14 AM
Because some people lack imagination.
---
It's like there's a party on my monitor... and Geocities vomited all over it. - Buretsu on blingees
#3Lord_FroodPosted 2/8/2013 6:00:01 AM
This thread will devolve into a bunch of 12 year olds telling each other why their opinion is wrong in less than 20 posts.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#4dancer62Posted 2/8/2013 6:01:06 AM
Possibly because "first-person" games on the DS have such a limited view, and it makes more sense to navigate by the map screen rather than looking at the viewpoint screen. Over-the-shoulder views usually have a wider angle, and are more useful in gameplay. Think Bard's Tale vs. Monster Hunter.
---
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.
#5Solar_CrimsonPosted 2/8/2013 6:08:25 AM
I used to hate them as well, because I liked seeing my characters perform their moves.

But after playing Mother 3 and a few others, I've become much more open to them.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#6ponyseizuresPosted 2/8/2013 6:19:33 AM
Solar_Crimson posted...
I used to hate them as well, because I liked seeing my characters perform their moves.

But after playing Mother 3 and a few others, I've become much more open to them.

Mother 3 is only first person in battle, though. SMT: Soul Hackers is coming out soon and from what I gather, everything is in first person except cutscenes.
#7Solar_CrimsonPosted 2/8/2013 6:21:52 AM
Solar_Crimson posted...

Mother 3 is only first person in battle, though. SMT: Soul Hackers is coming out soon and from what I gather, everything is in first person except cutscenes.

I know. But Mother 3 was like my gateway to those first-person games.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#8Sir_HaxorPosted 2/8/2013 6:50:42 AM
I hate over the shoulder camera angles. Get that crap out of my RE. Either give me a full screen display or none at all. I am slightly annoyed that SMT4 is using it as well. Hopefully there is a FP option right from the start.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#9AverageGatsbyPosted 2/8/2013 6:59:15 AM
I used to hate first person games too but I just sucked it up so I could play SMT and Dragon Quest. I'm actually fine with it now.
#10MarsfordPosted 2/8/2013 8:19:19 AM
I don't like it first person either.

But if the game is good, the game is good. I still enjoyed EOIII.
---
"but if you're the kind of person who thinks that anything with primary colors is for kids than nothing will change your mind." - Arucard05