"I don't like first person games because I don't see my characters"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. "I don't like first person games because I don't see my characters"

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
3 years ago#1
Someone please explain me the mindset behind this in depth.

User Info: eadricson

eadricson
3 years ago#2
Because some people lack imagination.
It's like there's a party on my monitor... and Geocities vomited all over it. - Buretsu on blingees

User Info: Lord_Frood

Lord_Frood
3 years ago#3
This thread will devolve into a bunch of 12 year olds telling each other why their opinion is wrong in less than 20 posts.
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group

User Info: dancer62

dancer62
3 years ago#4
Possibly because "first-person" games on the DS have such a limited view, and it makes more sense to navigate by the map screen rather than looking at the viewpoint screen. Over-the-shoulder views usually have a wider angle, and are more useful in gameplay. Think Bard's Tale vs. Monster Hunter.
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.

User Info: Solar_Crimson

Solar_Crimson
3 years ago#5
I used to hate them as well, because I liked seeing my characters perform their moves.

But after playing Mother 3 and a few others, I've become much more open to them.
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.

User Info: ponyseizures

ponyseizures
3 years ago#6
Solar_Crimson posted...
I used to hate them as well, because I liked seeing my characters perform their moves.

But after playing Mother 3 and a few others, I've become much more open to them.

Mother 3 is only first person in battle, though. SMT: Soul Hackers is coming out soon and from what I gather, everything is in first person except cutscenes.

User Info: Solar_Crimson

Solar_Crimson
3 years ago#7
Solar_Crimson posted...

Mother 3 is only first person in battle, though. SMT: Soul Hackers is coming out soon and from what I gather, everything is in first person except cutscenes.

I know. But Mother 3 was like my gateway to those first-person games.
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
3 years ago#8
I hate over the shoulder camera angles. Get that crap out of my RE. Either give me a full screen display or none at all. I am slightly annoyed that SMT4 is using it as well. Hopefully there is a FP option right from the start.
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board

User Info: AverageGatsby

AverageGatsby
3 years ago#9
I used to hate first person games too but I just sucked it up so I could play SMT and Dragon Quest. I'm actually fine with it now.

User Info: Marsford

Marsford
3 years ago#10
I don't like it first person either.

But if the game is good, the game is good. I still enjoyed EOIII.
"but if you're the kind of person who thinks that anything with primary colors is for kids than nothing will change your mind." - Arucard05
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. "I don't like first person games because I don't see my characters"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived