Tales of the Abyss worth getting on the 3DS?

#21TAoRPosted 2/8/2013 4:10:55 PM
Load times weren't that bad on ps2. Ok aside from fighting things on the world map.
---
Oh, oh, oh ice-cold milk and an oreo cookie...
#22cucumberkingPosted 2/8/2013 4:33:58 PM
The worst Tales game I've played, but that's the inevitable since I played Symphonia first. I find which one you play first is your favorite of those two.
#23SMASHKING84Posted 2/8/2013 4:50:43 PM
cucumberking posted...
The worst Tales game I've played, but that's the inevitable since I played Symphonia first. I find which one you play first is your favorite of those two.

but i played syphonia first :(
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GODCCAOyCCs CRYAMORE FTW
#24Jakerific44Posted 2/8/2013 5:02:18 PM
blablablax17 posted...
Yeah, it was my first Tales game and i LOVED it.

---
Official Dratini of the Pokemon X Board
Going to go a year without playing 3DS. Started 1/14/13. Ended 1/14/13
#25Evel138Posted 2/8/2013 7:27:17 PM
Bahamut_10th posted...
You must be the kind of person who thinks vanilla ice cream is the best thing ever.

The irony about the "vanilla" = bland, generic, etc cliche is that, technically speaking, "vanilla" is one of the most complex/ intricate /unique tastes available to the human pallet.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Sackboy
http://fav.me/d5qo006
#26JadebellPosted 2/9/2013 7:14:47 AM
I tried Abyss for 6 hours and just couldn't get into it. None of the characters appeal to me (except Jade) and the world felt really uninteresting. Because the main character knows nothing about the world (like Tidus in FFX) the other characters were constantly dropping info-dumps instead of introducing information gradually, and I felt the pacing suffered because of it.

However... I do agree with this:

Lord_Frood posted...
I say no, but I'm also one of the few who doesn't like the game. So logically speaking, you probably should try it, chances are you'll be one of the 99.99% that likes it.

The game is definitely worth trying if you're a JRPG fan. It just didn't appeal to me personally, I guess.