Is anyone interested in pokemon mystery dungeon gates to infinity?

#31MonoculusPosted 2/8/2013 5:07:32 PM
Ignoring the DLC argument, the PMD games are bad at being Pokemon games and bad at being roguelikes, so I'll pass.
---
XBL: RandomTag529 | Steam/PSN: FEGuy | 3DS FC: 4811-7007-7796
NES|SNES|PSX|N64|GC|X360|Wii|PS3|PC|GB|GBC|GBA|DS|PSP|Lite|3DS|Xperia Play|Vita
#32TinyTim123Posted 2/8/2013 5:17:37 PM
I'm getting it. I don't care so much about the Pokémon part, but in the past the series has been fun.

That's all I want in a game, fun.

As far as DLC, what Capcom did with Street Fighter X Tekken, yes, I feel that is a case of an incomplete game. On the other hand, the expansions for Elder Scrolls games, that is exactly that: added content, expanding upon the game.
I don't really care one way or another about the DLC. Maybe I will be charmed enough by the game to invest more money in playing it longer, and maybe I won't. And if not, I don't need to spend more money on it.
It is that simple.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#33FefnirOmega13Posted 2/8/2013 5:30:25 PM
Causes for concern:

Only 144 pokemon available, most of them from 5th gen and even then that wasn't fully represented
Due to the above, very limited enemy variety in dungeons
Some legendaries are unrecruitable
IQ system and gameplay heavily dumbed down in regards to earlier instalments
Very limited starter choice in regards to earlier instalments
DLC dungeons
Has a very short postgame (Unconfirmed)
Transition from sprites to 3D models did not go well
Rescues now handled by Streetpass only

Are you OK with all of these changes from the series or are looking for a chance to try the series? Then get this game.

If not, wait for this game to drop in price or wait for the (hopefully) updated version with all 600-800 pokemon (or however many Gen VI adds) in it, or even better, support Chunsoft by buying another new copy of Explorers of Sky for a friend.
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#34Carbuncle009Posted 2/8/2013 5:34:44 PM
I'm a fan of the Explorers saga of PMD, but this isn't too good as a PMD game, I'll save for Pokemon X.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 6 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#35toad133Posted 2/8/2013 5:44:08 PM
ares9090 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
ares9090 posted...
How alienated do developers have you with the "added content" garbage.

I can accept the added content stupidity for a recently released game in Japan, but what's the excuse for not adding at once that content for a localized game? In this case, the US release should come with the "added content" already included in the game.

just shut up and go home. nobody agrees with you.

A very intelligent answer to a well presented question

Also; Masahiro Sakurai has said several times that a game that offers DLC is an incomplete game.

He is, and has being against DLC since forever.

If Sakurai said it was wise to jump off a cliff, would that make the action right? No.

I can understand his opinion, but DLC extends the replay value of a game, as long as it is developed post-release, (i.e New Super Mario Bros 2). If it isn't and is pulled before release and then released afterwards, then the game is incomplete. (i.e Street Fighter x Tekken)

Sometimes a developer WANTS to include something but doesn't have the time or budget to do so. Thus they pull it out. DLC helps solve that issue.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#36ares9090Posted 2/8/2013 5:55:41 PM(edited)
ares9090 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
ares9090 posted...
How alienated do developers have you with the "added content" garbage.

I can accept the added content stupidity for a recently released game in Japan, but what's the excuse for not adding at once that content for a localized game? In this case, the US release should come with the "added content" already included in the game.

just shut up and go home. nobody agrees with you.

A very intelligent answer to a well presented question

Also; Masahiro Sakurai has said several times that a game that offers DLC is an incomplete game.

He is, and has being against DLC since forever.

If Sakurai said it was wise to jump off a cliff, would that make the action right? No.

I can understand his opinion, but DLC extends the replay value of a game, as long as it is developed post-release, (i.e New Super Mario Bros 2). If it isn't and is pulled before release and then released afterwards, then the game is incomplete. (i.e Street Fighter x Tekken)

Sometimes a developer WANTS to include something but doesn't have the time or budget to do so. Thus they pull it out. DLC helps solve that issue.

By, in your own words, selling a game they could not complete

---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#37Puzzles99Posted 2/8/2013 6:02:29 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
DLC is added content, not stuff they cut from the game.

I can't tell if you're joking or have just not been playing console games for the past few years.

There are plenty of publishers out there who have been budgeting the development team to set aside sections of a game during development to be sold as DLC week 1 for extra overhead profit.

The whole concept of DLC was meant to be a way to add extra lifetime to older games, but it didn't take long for publishers to abuse the hell out of it.
#38RucalPosted 2/8/2013 6:41:27 PM
I love PMD, but I refuse to buy this game due to the exclusion of my favourite Pokemon(s).
For me, in a PMD game, there's just no point in playing as a character I don't like.

I'll only get it if more characters are added through DLC.
---
"Can dogs see the 3ds?" - Jamianes
"Yes, they can see the 3DS. =)" - O2Ash
#39OoSubaruoOPosted 2/8/2013 8:06:24 PM
Puzzles99 posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...

I can't tell if you're joking or have just not been playing console games for the past few years.

There are plenty of publishers out there who have been budgeting the development team to set aside sections of a game during development to be sold as DLC week 1 for extra overhead profit.

The whole concept of DLC was meant to be a way to add extra lifetime to older games, but it didn't take long for publishers to abuse the hell out of it.

Your point being? Nintendo isn't taking advantage of anything here, they even stated that their games will be 100% complete, and their DLC will only be content to extend their games.
#40ares9090Posted 2/8/2013 8:09:29 PM
Puzzles99 posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...

Your point being? Nintendo isn't taking advantage of anything here, they even stated that their games will be 100% complete, and their DLC will only be content to extend their games.

I said it before and I will say it again

How alienated do developers have you with the "added content" garbage
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk