Is Shadowgate (NES) or Shadowgate Classic (GBC)coming to VC?

#1ScroogeMcNixPosted 2/8/2013 11:55:10 AM
I still own Shadowgate Classic for Game Boy Color but don't play GBC anymore. I prefer to play them on the 3DS, but why isn't Shadowgate on there now? Sword of Hope II does look good and I'm finally downloading it today, but it would have made more sense to release Shadowgate first. I hope to see it soon so I can finally beat it!!!
---
I'm beggin' for Nintendo and Arika to release Endless Ocean 3 on the Wii U!!! Still taking my time with Endless Ocean: Blue World with over 50 hours logged in!
#21upsuperPosted 2/8/2013 12:12:47 PM
I'm a huge fan of SG; have the NES version and the GBC version (and am interested in seeing what the kickstarter game turns out like), and I'd still buy it on the 3DS VC. I'd also like to see the Deja Vu games and Uninvited.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/1upsuper
#3ScroogeMcNix(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 12:18:31 PM
It just is really weird to me that they would release The Sword of Hope II before Shadowgate which is kind of like it with the Point and Click style. I miss exploring the castle and trying to beat the game lol.
---
I'm beggin' for Nintendo and Arika to release Endless Ocean 3 on the Wii U!!! Still taking my time with Endless Ocean: Blue World with over 50 hours logged in!
#4SnackasaurusPosted 2/8/2013 12:21:46 PM
I would kill for some Shadowgate on Virtual Console. That cover is still etched in my memory.
#5Prince ShondronaiPosted 2/8/2013 12:43:28 PM
I'd download Shadowgate to my 3DS in a heartbeat.

The creators are remaking it for the PC and mobile platforms:

http://www.zojoi.com/
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#6ecco6t9Posted 2/8/2013 11:30:59 PM
We'll get the NES version before the GBC version since for some reason Nintendo of America seems intent on burying Game Boy games on the 3DS Virtual Console in favor of NES games.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#7DarkIVloonPosted 2/9/2013 12:31:04 AM
I love shadowgate, i own both a NES and GBC copy.

The NES version is much better imo. I hate how you have to scroll down on the GBC version to access your inventory.
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#8aamotPosted 2/9/2013 7:34:04 AM(edited)
Strongly recommend Shadowgate 64 for anybody who hasn't played it yet.

It's freeform exploration instead of point-and-click, but HOLY JESUS, the puzzles are far harder than in the NES and GBC games.

And that soundtrack will haunt my ear canals for the rest of my days.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#9Prince ShondronaiPosted 2/9/2013 7:57:37 AM
aamot posted...
Strongly recommend Shadowgate 64 for anybody who hasn't played it yet.

It's freeform exploration instead of point-and-click, but HOLY JESUS, the puzzles are far harder than in the NES and GBC games.

And that soundtrack will haunt my ear canals for the rest of my days.

Yeah, Shadowgate 64 is one of my favorite games on the system. Exploring that dusty old castle FPS-style was great.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#10StarmanJuniorPosted 2/9/2013 9:26:34 AM
i wouldn't count on it...Nintendo doesn't like to take chances on underdog games...

and that's why I no likey them no more :D
---
It's been a long time, Buzz Buzz