In defense of the people who dislike first person dungeon crawling...

#11MetalLokiPosted 2/8/2013 6:42:15 PM
surferguy7 posted...
Since when did this board decide to get pissed about first-person dungeon crawling?

*Looks down at 100+ post topic*

As always, a single negative comment throws an entire board into a frenzy.

I don't see any topic like that which means some butt must have made it.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board and
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem board.
#12Harie0Posted 2/8/2013 6:49:26 PM
I guess Shinning in the Holy Ark would be the most immersive since you do see the other characters come forward to attack except the main character.
---
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=510
#13jedinatPosted 2/8/2013 6:53:23 PM
legendarylemur posted...
jedinat posted...
The devs are lazy and cheap, releasing the same dang game for the 4th time (I assume we're talking about Etrian). Instead of this low budget grid copy-pasta... how about a generated dungeon system that sort of functions like Minecraft... with real time exploration (spelunking!) and an encounter system like DQIX. It'd only have to generate one "floor" at a time so I think the 3DS could handle it.

Too bad if you've actually played them all, in which anybody who hates this subgenre probably didn't (it's very easy to tell), people have a very different opinion about each EO. These are far from copy pastes

I played the first 2 for a little while and the demo of this one. They're the same game. I don't care about the little particulars. I really just can't forgive these games for not bothering with narrative or having any kind of personality... I liked Strange Journey for the hours it kept my interest. It's basically Etrian Odyssey with some actual substance.