Transfer question

#1Valorous_RolandPosted 2/8/2013 2:48:06 PM
I just got my special 3DS (Fire Emblem: Awakening), with the game pre-installed. Now I'm transferring data from one 3DS (the one I had before) to this one, and it says it's going to wipe all data from the target (Awakening) 3DS.

Does that delete the Awakening download? I don't care about the files -- I haven't started that copy. But will the game still be on it?

I couldn't find it in the sticky...
---
Official President of the The National Association for the Preservation of Manikins (SMT: Nocturne)
#2Valorous_Roland(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:36:20 PM
Bump...
---
Official President of the The National Association for the Preservation of Manikins (SMT: Nocturne)
#3JonbazookabozPosted 2/8/2013 3:48:15 PM
If it was pre installed. It will still be there. If it was a download you will have to re download
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#4ShredinSlashPosted 2/8/2013 3:49:24 PM
I'm looking for the same answer. I may just do the transfer and see what happens. But first I'll head over to Nintendo's boards and see if i can find something.
#5ShredinSlashPosted 2/8/2013 3:51:55 PM
Will it be playable though? The transfer says that the target system's software will become unusable
#6Valorous_Roland(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 4:54:36 PM
I think it should be fine, but I don't want to take the risk until I get an answer.

I have a physical copy anyways.
---
#7TinyTim123Posted 2/8/2013 5:12:00 PM
You will have to go into the eShop, go to your download history, and redownload Fire Emblem.
In other words, it will get wiped out in the transfer, but you will be able to download it, and it will be tied to your system after the transfer.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#8ShredinSlashPosted 2/8/2013 6:19:46 PM
I did it, and the old data can be kept but is unusable. You'll have to go into the eShop and redownload the game, im doing that right now.