Fire Emblem difficulty

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Fire Emblem difficulty
4 years ago#1
Im playing Hard/Classic and I've had to restart several times in my 2 battles because people kept dying. If I restart with Normal/Classic will it play better? What difficulty is the most enjoyable? Thanks
Core i5 3570k @3.6GHz | MSI GTX670 PE | 16GB 1600mhz G.Skill Ripjaws | 2x 500GB 7200RPM
4 years ago#2
I found normal/classic a little too easy, so it's hard to answer your question. You're also not suppose to restart, ruins the entire point of classic mode. May as well go hard/casual. Some people consider it a nice alternative to hard/classic or normal/classic.
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."
4 years ago#3
If you're dying that often at the very beginning of the game, Normal / Classic is probably your best bet.
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
4 years ago#4
WestbrickIII posted...
If you're dying that often at the very beginning of the game, Normal / Classic is probably your best bet.

Yeah, probably for the best until you learn how to play the game.
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."
4 years ago#5
Personally I'd say hard/casual so that you do t have to restart every time someone dies
Oh, oh, oh ice-cold milk and an oreo cookie...
4 years ago#6
I'd strongly advise against Causal mode myself; not only does it deprive you of a proper Fire Emblem experience, but it's also terrible training for when you want to play the harder / Classic difficulties. Learning how to protect your units and keep track of enemy ranges is very important.
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
4 years ago#7
If you want to play classic and constantly reset the game i say go ahead that's what everyone who plays fe does anyways. (if they state otherwise there lying) though if you keep failing maybe you should try casual for a while.

Personally casual means you use more of your units then you would in classic. I never use healers in fe normally here i would.
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GODCCAOyCCs CRYAMORE FTW
4 years ago#8
Casual also encourages you to be careless with unit placement, use bumrush strategies, and make risky gambles. None of which fly in Classic.
4 years ago#9
Personally I prefer casual so I don't have to reset if I accidentally have a unit die right near the end of a mission

@Smash Why wouldn't you use healing units before?
Oh, oh, oh ice-cold milk and an oreo cookie...
4 years ago#10
TAoR posted...
Why wouldn't you use healing units before?

because they from one hit(two max) even in the earliest chapters on the easiest difficulties?

my exception was sacred stones i would hide my healers behind 4 units to heal in the tower of mati...
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GODCCAOyCCs CRYAMORE FTW
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Fire Emblem difficulty

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived