Fire Emblem difficulty

#1BobbyGoticksPosted 2/8/2013 5:18:28 PM
Im playing Hard/Classic and I've had to restart several times in my 2 battles because people kept dying. If I restart with Normal/Classic will it play better? What difficulty is the most enjoyable? Thanks
---
Core i5 3570k @3.6GHz | MSI GTX670 PE | 16GB 1600mhz G.Skill Ripjaws | 2x 500GB 7200RPM
#2PixelDaemonPosted 2/8/2013 5:20:43 PM(edited)
I found normal/classic a little too easy, so it's hard to answer your question. You're also not suppose to restart, ruins the entire point of classic mode. May as well go hard/casual. Some people consider it a nice alternative to hard/classic or normal/classic.
---
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."
#3WestbrickIIIPosted 2/8/2013 5:20:31 PM
If you're dying that often at the very beginning of the game, Normal / Classic is probably your best bet.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#4PixelDaemonPosted 2/8/2013 5:21:08 PM
WestbrickIII posted...
If you're dying that often at the very beginning of the game, Normal / Classic is probably your best bet.

Yeah, probably for the best until you learn how to play the game.
---
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."
#5TAoRPosted 2/8/2013 5:22:06 PM
Personally I'd say hard/casual so that you do t have to restart every time someone dies
---
Oh, oh, oh ice-cold milk and an oreo cookie...
#6WestbrickIIIPosted 2/8/2013 5:25:36 PM
I'd strongly advise against Causal mode myself; not only does it deprive you of a proper Fire Emblem experience, but it's also terrible training for when you want to play the harder / Classic difficulties. Learning how to protect your units and keep track of enemy ranges is very important.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#7SMASHKING84Posted 2/8/2013 5:31:40 PM
If you want to play classic and constantly reset the game i say go ahead that's what everyone who plays fe does anyways. (if they state otherwise there lying) though if you keep failing maybe you should try casual for a while.

Personally casual means you use more of your units then you would in classic. I never use healers in fe normally here i would.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GODCCAOyCCs CRYAMORE FTW
#8WestbrickIIIPosted 2/8/2013 5:32:42 PM
Casual also encourages you to be careless with unit placement, use bumrush strategies, and make risky gambles. None of which fly in Classic.
---
#9TAoRPosted 2/8/2013 5:34:23 PM(edited)
Personally I prefer casual so I don't have to reset if I accidentally have a unit die right near the end of a mission

@Smash Why wouldn't you use healing units before?
---
Oh, oh, oh ice-cold milk and an oreo cookie...
#10SMASHKING84Posted 2/8/2013 5:36:02 PM
TAoR posted...
Why wouldn't you use healing units before?

because they from one hit(two max) even in the earliest chapters on the easiest difficulties?

my exception was sacred stones i would hide my healers behind 4 units to heal in the tower of mati...
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GODCCAOyCCs CRYAMORE FTW