Fire Emblem difficulty

#6121_21Posted 2/8/2013 9:07:28 PM(edited)
Nah, I'm just going to not beat around the bushes and simply say you suck at FE. And relying on vulnaries as a source of HP is much harder than using healers since when you use items, you end your turn, as opposed to using healers, since, well, that's the healers main job. This allows you to move your offensive units with the hope of taking more blow.

But ironically, if you managed to beat FE's without using healers, that could actually make you a better player since using vulnaries over healers requires more strategy, but then again why do more work with vulnaries when using healers require less work? Ah well rather than making a smart choice you unintentionally gave yourself a challenge, which is not a bad thing in its own way, mind you.
---
Currently playing:
999, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#62OoSubaruoOPosted 2/8/2013 9:10:42 PM
BobbyGoticks posted...
Wait so what difficulty should I play?

Whatever difficulty you want. It's your game, play how you want to play.
#63SMASHKING84Posted 2/8/2013 9:26:28 PM
Huh? why would i use vulneraries when there are more powerful healing items?
As far as using healing items on characters you have to equip the item before they can use it. I'm pretty sure most characters don't automatically come equiped with vulneries.

regardless. i was using lissa because i was SICK of using the same characters every time.
Lords bowsmen generals and knights uses the knights and generals as walls. then have your lords go in after thinning out the herd a little.

I used this same tatic every single map and never had allies die who weren't healers outside of rng. That's why i benched the healers except in sacred stones.

All i was trying to say originally is casual mode allows you to use units you normally wouldn't. I don't see why that doesn't make sense. even if your healer dies in casual mode you can keep bringing them back and eventually they'll get strong enough were the won't die in one hit.

Difficulty is subjective. People say smb 3 is harder then galaxy 1 yet i'm better at smb 3 then galaxy. I've played many rpgs and the only rpgs i ever played that i actually was challenged(as in i died several times even early in the game) is ffiv ds and monster world III btw monster world III makes any rpg i've played look like a kirby game.

Why? no save points,and one life not to mention nearly every single attack in the game will one or two shot you. It's not as hard as contra(without the konami code)but it's still hard.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GODCCAOyCCs CRYAMORE FTW
#6421_21Posted 2/8/2013 9:31:57 PM
Oh yeah, because in every FE game you start off with some of the best healing items right from the prologue XD....
---
Currently playing:
999, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#65SMASHKING84Posted 2/8/2013 9:48:17 PM
21_21 posted...
Oh yeah, because in every FE game you start off with some of the best healing items right from the prologue XD....

not my point. my point was i would just get rid of them asap and not use them. I only really used them in rd because your constantly switching teams so almost all of the units i had were low level.

when i can i get the better healing items over vulnerary. in the beginning i usally just use forts or bushes as cover and let those heal me.

Hell the enemies do so little damage in the beginning of the game you'd have to be ganged up by three or more to even need a vulnerary. at least is easy mode idk about harder modes. The only time i did hard mode was radiant dawn. and i only did that because i i felt a perfect run of easy mode wasn't as hard as the previous fe games.

I don't suck at video games i just don't enjoy games were they try to pass of difficulty as a replacement for fun gameplay.

When i was younger we had games with no saves,no continues,one life,and one hit ko those games were way harder then the game you glorify as hard.

And i beat those games when i was freaking six years old so don't you dare say i suck at video games,if anything you suck at video games because you use junk like save files as a crutch.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GODCCAOyCCs CRYAMORE FTW