VC Download Play?

#1Crash_Override9Posted 2/8/2013 6:05:19 PM
I noticed in the recent releases of the NES VC is where you can play 2 Players via download play.

This is nice, and I appreciate this, but my question is, are they going to implement this for the other games? I mean, really, I would love to play 2 players on Ghost N' Goblins, NES Open Tournament Golf and Gradius, but is Nintendo going to apply this feature for the other previous NES Games?

I hope so, but then again I heard somewhere the Ambassador Program did not have the save state function until later in the 3DS' lifespan. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Discuss
---
My Game Collections: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Crash_Override9/games/owned
#2Crash_Override9(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:32:48 PM
Bump
---
#3DarkIVloonPosted 2/9/2013 1:31:43 PM
It would be nice if all previous 2 player games were updated with the download play. I dont know if it will happen though.
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#4NekoakumaPosted 2/9/2013 1:42:55 PM
Yes there will be for other games. As it stands, NoA and NoE need to catch up to a few titles that already support it.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#5Baha05Posted 2/9/2013 1:51:29 PM
I think it would depend on the games. A lot of "two" player games are more or less just passing the controller to the next person when one dies.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#6Crash_Override9(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 2:27:30 PM
Baha05 posted...
I think it would depend on the games. A lot of "two" player games are more or less just passing the controller to the next person when one dies.

That's not the case. I tried playing Ghosts N' Goblins on 2 player to see if Hotseat multiplayer is supported. (You know, handing the 3DS back and forth) It seems it does not as you can only control the one player character in a 2P Game, same with Gradius, NES Open Tournament Golf and SMB1.

I know that the Gameboy games won't be supported (Cause they have 2 different screens one for each player) but I hope they do something for the NES Games, because 2 players are always as much fun or more as going it alone.
---
#7NekoakumaPosted 2/9/2013 2:33:21 PM
Theres like 5 or so VC games currently that support dl&p
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#8Crash_Override9(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 3:35:50 PM(edited)
^Hmmm.

Ice Climber and Super C are the only ones I've seen have this. What are the other 3?

I know Urban Champion has it, but that's a 3D Classics game, so would that count as 3? (Although I'm not sure, but I think you need one copy on each 3DS to play 2P Urban Champ.)
---
#9JoeHigashi2000Posted 2/9/2013 5:57:51 PM
Crash_Override9 posted...
I noticed in the recent releases of the NES VC is where you can play 2 Players via download play.

This is nice, and I appreciate this, but my question is, are they going to implement this for the other games? I mean, really, I would love to play 2 players on Ghost N' Goblins, NES Open Tournament Golf and Gradius, but is Nintendo going to apply this feature for the other previous NES Games?

I hope so, but then again I heard somewhere the Ambassador Program did not have the save state function until later in the 3DS' lifespan. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Discuss

We ambassadors didn't get the updated versions of the games until they were publicly released.
---
GT: J03HIG45HI PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS: 0817-3804-7210
#10KayubePosted 2/9/2013 7:45:36 PM
Crash_Override9 posted...
Baha05 posted...

That's not the case. I tried playing Ghosts N' Goblins on 2 player to see if Hotseat multiplayer is supported. (You know, handing the 3DS back and forth) It seems it does not as you can only control the one player character in a 2P Game, same with Gradius, NES Open Tournament Golf and SMB1.

I know that the Gameboy games won't be supported (Cause they have 2 different screens one for each player) but I hope they do something for the NES Games, because 2 players are always as much fun or more as going it alone.

In NES games, you have to press L+R+Y to switch between the player 1 and 2 controllers.
---
This signature intentionally left blank.