VC Download Play?

#11xLexLuth0rxPosted 2/9/2013 8:49:35 PM
JoeHigashi2000 posted...
Crash_Override9 posted...
I noticed in the recent releases of the NES VC is where you can play 2 Players via download play.

This is nice, and I appreciate this, but my question is, are they going to implement this for the other games? I mean, really, I would love to play 2 players on Ghost N' Goblins, NES Open Tournament Golf and Gradius, but is Nintendo going to apply this feature for the other previous NES Games?

I hope so, but then again I heard somewhere the Ambassador Program did not have the save state function until later in the 3DS' lifespan. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Discuss

We ambassadors didn't get the updated versions of the games until they were publicly released.

Exactly. And I doubt we'll ever see updates to the GBA games sadly... :(
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#12StormKMDPosted 2/9/2013 9:22:26 PM
Baha05 posted...
I think it would depend on the games. A lot of "two" player games are more or less just passing the controller to the next person when one dies.

That's not the case. I tried playing Ghosts N' Goblins on 2 player to see if Hotseat multiplayer is supported. (You know, handing the 3DS back and forth) It seems it does not as you can only control the one player character in a 2P Game, same with Gradius, NES Open Tournament Golf and SMB1.

I know that the Gameboy games won't be supported (Cause they have 2 different screens one for each player) but I hope they do something for the NES Games, because 2 players are always as much fun or more as going it alone.

Wait, why wouldn't Game Boy games be supported? Of course you would need two screens, one for each player. Download Play ring a bell? The topic of your own topic? One 3DS---->download play----> Other 3DS.
---
Toshiba Satellite | Radeon HD 7640G | AMD Quad-Core 2.8 Ghz | 640GB HDD | 6GB RAM
3DS
#13KayubePosted 2/10/2013 12:28:00 AM
Some Game Boy games could work well with Download Play, but for ones with save files, it wouldn't be practical. They'd have to require each player to own the game, and then simulate a link cable through wireless.
---
This signature intentionally left blank.
#14PokeMasterPosted 2/10/2013 12:31:36 AM
^Hmmm.

Ice Climber and Super C are the only ones I've seen have this. What are the other 3?

I know Urban Champion has it, but that's a 3D Classics game, so would that count as 3? (Although I'm not sure, but I think you need one copy on each 3DS to play 2P Urban Champ.)

Yoshi no Tamago (Eng: Yoshi)
Balloon Fight
Ice Climbers
Super Mario Bros 3.

Some of the other games have local play, (Columns, Sonic Drift i think also), but I'm not 100% sure if they are download play also.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#15JoeHigashi2000Posted 2/10/2013 11:01:09 AM
xLexLuth0rx posted...
JoeHigashi2000 posted...
I noticed in the recent releases of the NES VC is where you can play 2 Players via download play.

This is nice, and I appreciate this, but my question is, are they going to implement this for the other games? I mean, really, I would love to play 2 players on Ghost N' Goblins, NES Open Tournament Golf and Gradius, but is Nintendo going to apply this feature for the other previous NES Games?

I hope so, but then again I heard somewhere the Ambassador Program did not have the save state function until later in the 3DS' lifespan. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Discuss

We ambassadors didn't get the updated versions of the games until they were publicly released.

Exactly. And I doubt we'll ever see updates to the GBA games sadly... :(

It would be nice to have a full screen option. One of the reasons I'm waiting for homebrew...
---
GT: J03HIG45HI PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS: 0817-3804-7210
#16Crash_Override9(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 2:20:52 PM(edited)
Kayube posted...
Baha05 posted...
I think it would depend on the games. A lot of "two" player games are more or less just passing the controller to the next person when one dies.

That's not the case. I tried playing Ghosts N' Goblins on 2 player to see if Hotseat multiplayer is supported. (You know, handing the 3DS back and forth) It seems it does not as you can only control the one player character in a 2P Game, same with Gradius, NES Open Tournament Golf and SMB1.

I know that the Gameboy games won't be supported (Cause they have 2 different screens one for each player) but I hope they do something for the NES Games, because 2 players are always as much fun or more as going it alone.

In NES games, you have to press L+R+Y to switch between the player 1 and 2 controllers.

Aw geez... I didn't know that. I guess you can play hotseat after all, so I don't think Nintendo needs to do any multiplayer for those games. (But DL play would still be nice if you don't want to hand your 3DS back and forth.)

(And yes, I do know you can change the color display for Gameboy VC Games with the same code, I just didn't know the one for NES where you can Hotseat.)
---
My Game Collections: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Crash_Override9/games/owned
#17Crash_Override9(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 1:29:55 PM(edited)
StormKMD posted...
Baha05 posted...

Wait, why wouldn't Game Boy games be supported? Of course you would need two screens, one for each player. Download Play ring a bell? The topic of your own topic? One 3DS---->download play----> Other 3DS.

I don't think Nintendo will consider it. It would be too difficult to integrate into Multiplayer and knowing Nintendo, they won't bother. Like the other guy said, you would need the other player to own the game as well.
---
My Game Collections: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Crash_Override9/games/owned