Honest question: How can you guys keep the 3D in focus without being distracted?

#1ZendaikPosted 2/8/2013 9:29:10 PM
I imagine there's a lot of "do you play with 3D on or off" topics but I wanted to ask something specific.

For people who play with the 3D, how can you play without being distracted? I'm not talking about the 3D itself being distracting, but rather keeping the 3D view in place.

Now, it's not like I spaz out or anything when playing, but I move my hands and head frequently which means the 3D is constantly getting out of focus. Not only that, but you have to keep the 3DS at a certain distance from your face and I like to move the 3DS farther or closer depending on how I feel.

In the end, I get very distracted, and with action games like Kingdom Hearts or Kid Icarus, I feel like I can't play efficiently. But with slower, turn-based games like Etrian Odyssey it's still annoying.

So, I'm just wondering, for people who keep the 3D on most or all of the time, how do you manage?
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#2ZekeroodPosted 2/8/2013 9:43:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3aamotPosted 2/8/2013 9:54:16 PM
I mostly sit comfortably when I play, so I don't have to move my head / hands / system around constantly while playing. If you're playing in a car, or while walking around I can see that being an issue though.

The only time it's screwed me up is when playing Rainbow Road in Mario Kart. Rainbow Road levels terrify the living s*** out of me lol, so I'll lean into my turns and twist the system and stuff out of blind panic.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#4Tzuba12Posted 2/8/2013 10:07:37 PM
Sometimes I forget its even on, like when playing Fire Emblem. Don't have to move around much, so its just natural.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#5Stefan1277Posted 2/8/2013 10:10:51 PM
Simple, I just keep it in place. It's pretty natural. If your hands move a lot as well as your head for no real reason... you should have that checked out by a professional.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#6ceedofevilPosted 2/8/2013 10:30:29 PM
It takes a Jedi Master to do it. Not everyone can master the force so don't feel bad.
---
An apology for the devil: It must be remembered that we have only heard one side of the case. God has written all the books.
-George Herbert
#7xenos74Posted 2/8/2013 10:55:41 PM
You can just adjust the slider when you want to move your 3ds near or away, keeps the 3d intact.

I learned to deal with moving when I was trying out gyro aiming on OoT with 3d on. You kind of have to move with the system. That's honestly the best way I can describe it. Now I don't even notice it and never lose focus on the 3d even if I'm multitasking.

The sweet spot is also wider than most claim, at least in my experience, I can move quite a bit before the image doubles
#8ferofaxPosted 2/8/2013 11:02:49 PM
I use the KI stand. Other than that, just be comfortable. That's how I do it.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#9NekoakumaPosted 2/8/2013 11:34:15 PM
When I use the 3D effect, to me it feels the same as looking at it naturally.
I can see the effect from most normal playing angles and have no issue with using the gyroscope as well.

I'm not sure, maybe I have steady hands? I do know what you mean though when you break the effect, but usually that only happens when I do it intentionally.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#10jedinatPosted 2/8/2013 11:39:57 PM
ceedofevil posted...
It takes a Jedi Master to do it. Not everyone can master the force so don't feel bad.

Indeed. But TC should still feel bad. The force is freakin sweet.