Is the 3DSXL worth the extra $30? Give me some pros and cons here...

#11Shadow2790xPosted 2/9/2013 3:45:20 AM(edited)
Screen is not pixelated and the backlights is not a issue. Notacos was probably trolling or something cause everyone in here thinks the 3DS XL is much better.

He probably secretly wants the XL, but can't have it, so he has to reassure himself that it's "bad".
The poor thing.
---
...You will be screaming: YES! YES! YES!
PSN: Shadow2790x --- "Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"
#12LinkMaster2703Posted 2/9/2013 4:09:19 AM
As someone who owns a regular 3DS and not an XL, get the XL. Like everyone else is saying, it's better in just about every way except the speakers.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/C_Dalke
#13hardknock55Posted 2/9/2013 5:20:51 AM
Buy xl i owned an regular cosmo black launch and i liked it alot but,my xl is way better only slightly lower speakers.
---
3DS XL FC:4355-9696-1275
NintendoNetwork:RetroReese88
#1490sRetroGamingPosted 2/9/2013 7:04:02 AM
notacos posted...
please for heaven's sake use the search bar... someone posts these at least once a day. Not to mention g-faqs is full of xl fanboys. So if it really comes down to it google it. Sorry but I'm tired of seeing this topic daily, no offense to you.

Then don't click the topic. no one forced you to do so. simple as that.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#15GiygasminionPosted 2/9/2013 9:58:30 AM
I had the original 3DS and upgraded to XL. I'm happy with my decision.

That said, the XL isn't as portable as the original.
---
NN ID: Achilles11
http://backloggery.com/schamman89
#16Rock Dash3XPosted 2/9/2013 10:10:20 AM
hardknock55 posted...
Buy xl i owned an regular cosmo black launch and i liked it alot but,my xl is way better only slightly lower speakers.

I like how you said "slightly lower speakers". Seems everyone makes it seem like XL has no sound at all. I accidentally put it on the highest volume and it was pretty loud. I find it loud enough. Do people play on max volume anyways?
#17CloudisthebestPosted 2/9/2013 1:29:36 PM
Rock Dash3X posted...
hardknock55 posted...

I like how you said "slightly lower speakers". Seems everyone makes it seem like XL has no sound at all. I accidentally put it on the highest volume and it was pretty loud. I find it loud enough. Do people play on max volume anyways?

A decent, $20 pair of headphones should 'fix' any speaker issues.
---
'03 Mustang GT- Flowmaster exhaust, Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors, strut tower brace, k-member brace...
PSN: officersweetpant
#18Apac4245Posted 2/9/2013 3:10:10 PM
I haven't bought either (I'm waiting til tomorrow to see if it goes on sale anywhere) but I was just at bestbuy and i was surprised at how small the XL really is. I don't think I would have any problem carrying it around in just about anything. The regular 3DS almost feels too small. Like a phone or something. I can't attest to the sound but the smaller than expected size for the XL and the 90% larger screen have sold me on it.