Fire Emblem: Awakening stands as a stark contrast to Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

#31Zero_ManiacPosted 2/11/2013 5:00:43 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
Apples to oranges, dude.

Eenope. I don't see why we aren't allowed to compare games. I mean really, god forbid any of us compare games of different genres! It's totally not like it happens all the time!
---
Currently Playing: Megaman ZX and Chrono Trigger
#32NnamzPosted 2/15/2013 3:20:26 PM
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...

1. I think they do have feet but they are very tiny, la The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker but to a greater degree. Howevr, they do essentially appear as though they have stumps for legs, which taper off toward the bottom. At first it was kind of weird but I hardly think about it. You're obviously not alone though.

Well I've been told that, but:

Remember the scene where that Jafar looking badguy, the guy who claims to be your characters father (forget his name), dies and then sees the dragon dude. All you see are his legs and he was clearly missing feet. Like they were cut off at the ankles. In Wind Waker you can see they just have small feet. I think they simply just removed all the characters feet for the in game models >_<

2. I really don't think it's an issue of Nintendo being squeamish about strong language. I'm barely at Chapter 6 and they've used a few "hells" and "damns." I really think it's just word choice for effect. The localization team has clearly gone out of their way to dress up how characters speak (Miriel comes to mind) and include words that not commonly used today, which makes sense given the setting. "Dastard" does sound weird but I think it works just fine as insult given the definition of the word.

Yeah I've gotten more or less used to it. It still pulls me out of the experience though.

3. I agree that this game's presentation during battles does feel a tad primitive compared to similar games (like Jeanne D'arc or Final Fantasy Tactics). The sprites for units could afford to be a bit bigger and more detailed. However, I DO appreciate that I don't need worry about height differences or rotating the camera or zooming out as I did in FFT. Everything I need to see is usually clear within view. When it's not, I just move the camera along the map, which is not really a big deal since the camera moves very quickly. Admittedly, my perspective might be skewed since I'm comparing it to one, 15-year-old game but it's all have as point of reference.

I also appreciate the 3D environments in the maps. They are actually great looking and very detailed. I also like the nice touches in 3D like when the birds fly over the screen. It was very well done.

It really is a stellar game. I'm taking my time with it because I don't want it to end lol.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#33HejiruPosted 2/15/2013 3:54:35 PM
Zohar_Metatron posted...
Vyers posted...
it quickly wore thin; too much of it was predictable, a lack of tension, and the strategy was mind-numbing

That...that's every Fire Emblem, ever.

Wut
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy