#21darkus_fPosted 2/9/2013 10:58:48 PM
chroniss1911 posted...
Disconnect -> Facial disfiguring system explosion

yes
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PSN: darkus_f
PWB Fav5: Punk, Cesaro, Ziggler, Reigns, Orton
#22TinyTim123Posted 2/9/2013 11:09:45 PM
The funny thing... the people who most complain of the penalty for disconnecting... why would they complain. Hmmmm...
Could it be because they are disconnecting? Are they disconnecting enough to notice the penalty? Are they disconnecting enough to not only notice it, but feel the need to complain about it?
This activity is discouraged!
I think I may have disconnected a total of three times on Street Fighter on the 3DS. Once was because of piss poor connection while my roommate started torrenting something. Another time was when I closed my 3DS without thinking between rounds, and the third was in the laundromat when the connection from their free WiFi sucked enough that I got kicked.
Funny thing is, I don't need to care so much about my win loss ratio that I need to worry about disconnect penalty in the first place, in the second, I don't do it enough to significantly hurt me, and third, I mostly play Dan anyway, just to taunt all the Ryu / Akuma / Honda spammers out there. If I win, Haha! you've been beaten with Dan, and if I lose, it's okay, maybe I'll play you for real with Adon this time.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#23n00bsaib0tPosted 2/10/2013 12:36:46 AM
Your the one who acts if someone shuts off there console it can NEVER be for a good reason. If the game had some magic way to tell when someone is rage quitting and not just quit to fix game crashes,then it'd be different.

Oh and every time i rage quited it was against people abusing glitches or cheat systems. You NOT tell me you never quit a game purely because someone was cheating.

See you've done it too so get off your moral high horse.

Actually I haven't, so stop making baseless assumptions. The only games I play online are fighters. In particular, Street Fighter IV. It doesn't have issues with people glitching or using cheat systems. People only rage quit because they're pissed that they lost in Street Fighter.

And seriously, reading comprehension would help you a ton here. Check this out.

Considering games like Street Fighter IV take a certain number of disconnects before you get a penalty (and the number is reset after a certain amount of time) there is no reason to get pissy because rage quitters deserve a penalty.

There you go. People who constantly rage quit in SF4 get a penalty, the people who have one random internet fluctuation causing a D/C or have to go because they play on their kid's nap time and the kid woke up don't get the D/C penalty. But to hell with reading, you think there should be no penalty ever so **** the perfectly acceptable system Capcom came up with.

You talk like a rage quitter pissed off because you can't quit 10 straight matches without a penalty. If you were really just quitting because someone glitched into a wall in COD once in a while you wouldn't have an issue with Capcom's method.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#24SMASHKING84Posted 2/10/2013 12:51:30 AM
aamot posted...
Disconnect --> Bricked system

this is why i'm mad. Suggesting people should get there system bricked when it may not even be their fault.

Also play mkwii online i fricking dare you. I guarantee you'll be pissed people keep using action replay. People cheating happens alot in some online games so you'll be quitting alot HOPING to find one of the few people who doesn't hack.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GODCCAOyCCs CRYAMORE FTW
#25HellsDrunkardPosted 2/10/2013 9:28:53 AM
I get disconnected in Mario Kart pretty frequently. I don't think it's my internet either, but Nintendo's half-assed, lazy network. I guess I'm glad you get penalized for disconnecting in the long run, but man, when you get disconnected 5 times in 3 hours because of their network and get 35 losses and -100VR it can be sort of frustrating.
#26NnamzPosted 2/10/2013 10:57:45 AM
wowkirin posted...
Why? To d/c costs like 5 wins in games like Mario kart and street fighter. But this is a mobile platform. Where people are likely to be interrupted. Why discourage me to play unless i'm in a home console like setting?

Don't play online when you're out then, or when you don't have time. It's infuriating when I'm in a match and someone decides to leave. It's ruining my experience.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#27saduffPosted 2/10/2013 11:23:56 AM
Every online game needs a "Disconnect Percentage" more and more games including them now. So the more you disconnect the more you will play with people that disconnect.

It's fair and works.
---
What's this fish doing in my ear?
#28wowkirin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 10:31:52 PM
lite control cheese is worse than people rage quiting