Street pass question

#1TheRealJimmyCPosted 2/9/2013 10:42:19 AM
I'm not new with the 3ds but I was always confused on one aspect of street passing a person.

Sometimes when the light turns green I go to open it up (thinking I'm about to get a new puzzle piece) and when I look in the notifications there is nothing for mii plaza. Instead there's a notification for new super mario bros or mario kart instead.

Why does this happen? Is this just a street pass that occurred where the person doesn't have mii plaza set up yet?
---
Gamertag: Mr Anarchy Duck
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Halo Wars, Borderlands 2, Forza 4/Horizon
#2iMURDAuPosted 2/9/2013 11:21:17 AM
It could be that you're getting SP content online. I know in Mario 3D Land the green light comes on and all I get is a mystery box from a random person who must have been online at the same time as me.

But it is also possible the person who you passed didn't have the Mii Plaza set up. I've had that happen to me with SFIV where our trophy teams fought but never saw the person in the Mii Plaza.
---
Make the worst possible retailer an exclusive for a masterpiece game.. It's like putting Rolex into a Walmart."
-LordClyde on Gamestop selling Xenoblade
#3esoteric42Posted 2/9/2013 1:00:54 PM
I get Street Passes all the time for Kid Icarus, Mario Kart, Super Mario 3D Land.

Oftentimes, I don't get a Street Pass for Mii Plaza either.

Makes no sense to me, that someone wouldn't enable Street Pass for Mii Plaza, actually kind of irritates me, since I am missing a BUNCH of pink pieces.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141
#4thedicemasterPosted 2/9/2013 1:24:50 PM
it makes prefect sense for someone who plays a lot of different 3DS games.
I have so many games I can't use streetpass for half of them.