What is the maximum SD card size the 3DS supports?

#1IcewitchPosted 2/9/2013 12:13:33 PM
Gonna upgrade from the default 2GB one soon (I have FE:A on it which takes up almost the whole card)

I'm wondering how big I can go, and also how do I move a game from the old one to a new one?
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Coming March 19 to Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U, demo coming February 22
#2Icewitch(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 1:14:55 PM
Anyone know?
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Coming March 19 to Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U, demo coming February 22
#3Enigma149Posted 2/9/2013 1:19:35 PM
Officially, it's a 32GB SDHC.

Unofficially, so long as your format an SDXC card to FAT32, it will also work. The biggest anyone's ever tried is 128 GB (slightly under 1 million blocks), but 256 GB SDXC cards do exist. Of course, at this point, you're paying hundreds of dollars for an SD card.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#4Shadow Stalker XPosted 2/9/2013 1:21:55 PM
The largest size a 3DS normally supports is 32 GB, but it can support larger SD cards if those are formatted to FAT32 first. As to how to copy data from one SD card to the other, you just simply plug the first card into your computer, copy the data EXACTLY how you see it (best to copy the data into a new folder to help with this). Then remove that card, plug in the new one, and copy the data from the computer to the card. (If your computer has 2 SD card slots, then you can just copy the data directly between them)
---
Stop reading my sig, you are wasting time doing so.