Nintendo Fan Gets Screwed: Receives $200 for a $400 Problem

#141Enclave(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 2:31:52 PM(edited)
n00bsaib0t posted...
PokeMaster posted...
^No one in this thread was disputing the need for an account system. It's a dead horse already.

too bad if we stop bringing it up it'll never change.

Of course not, but TC is blatantly ignoring people saying that Nintendo is behind the times and getting pissy when anyone says it was the guy's own fault for not calling Nintendo customer service after a system he transferred his downloads to didn't work. There is a difference between constantly bringing it up and conversations like this-

Person- Nintendo needs an account system, but the guy should have used common sense and read his manual which specifically tells him what to do.
TC- NU UH! Nintendo is at fault! They need an account system!
Person- I just said Nintendo needs an account system.
TC- Well you're wrong, Nintendo needs an account system.

I'm not ignoring it, I'm just pointing out that Nintendo is indefensible here but people keep on making excuses and blaming the consumer, the person who was screwed by Nintendo.

People NEED to complain about this and LOUDLY. When you defend them and try to shut down complaints you're doing a disservice.

The customer did NOTHING wrong and yet is being punished. Put the blame exactly where it belongs, on Nintendo. THAT is what's annoying me about people like you. You're minimising the problem by placing the blame on the consumer. It doesn't matter if you agree a unified account based system is needed if you're willing to place the blame anywhere but on Nintendo.

Baha05 posted...
Lol again with the more baffling insults their Raz. There is no denying Nintendo needs to fix this issue, but again there are things called researching a purchase, there are customer service reps that exists for a reason.

If you don't want to buy digital content then that's fine, you don't have to buy it. For the ones that do buy it maybe they should look into it first. The device has been out for almost two years now, there is zero excuses for a person not to know Nintendo has a weak online account system.

Maybe they should research it because it's unreasonable to expect Nintendo to follow industry standards? I'm sorry but that's bull. The blame belongs 100% to Nintendo.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#142Baha05Posted 2/10/2013 2:35:01 PM
Enclave posted...
Maybe they should research it because it's unreasonable to expect Nintendo to follow industry standards? I'm sorry but that's bull. The blame belongs 100% to Nintendo.

You do know that every company HAS different ways of handling digital content right? Not all of them are the same in small regards but the fact is while Nintendo is at fault for having a bad account system, the consumer is at fault for returning the device to the store instead of the manufacturer. It's common sense for these electronic devices.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#143Mariofan15Posted 2/10/2013 2:36:20 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
PokeMaster posted...
^No one in this thread was disputing the need for an account system. It's a dead horse already.

too bad if we stop bringing it up it'll never change.

Of course not, but TC is blatantly ignoring people saying that Nintendo is behind the times and getting pissy when anyone says it was the guy's own fault for not calling Nintendo customer service after a system he transferred his downloads to didn't work. There is a difference between constantly bringing it up and conversations like this-

Person- Nintendo needs an account system, but the guy should have used common sense and read his manual which specifically tells him what to do.
TC- NU UH! Nintendo is at fault! They need an account system!
Person- I just said Nintendo needs an account system.
TC- Well you're wrong, Nintendo needs an account system.

I'm not ignoring it, I'm just pointing out that Nintendo is indefensible here but people keep on making excuses and blaming the consumer, the person who was screwed by Nintendo.

People NEED to complain about this and LOUDLY. When you defend them and try to shut down complaints you're doing a disservice.

The customer did NOTHING wrong and yet is being punished. Put the blame exactly where it belongs, on Nintendo. THAT is what's annoying me about people like you. You're minimising the problem by placing the blame on the consumer. It doesn't matter if you agree a unified account based system is needed if you're willing to place the blame anywhere but on Nintendo.

Baha05 posted...
Lol again with the more baffling insults their Raz. There is no denying Nintendo needs to fix this issue, but again there are things called researching a purchase, there are customer service reps that exists for a reason.

If you don't want to buy digital content then that's fine, you don't have to buy it. For the ones that do buy it maybe they should look into it first. The device has been out for almost two years now, there is zero excuses for a person not to know Nintendo has a weak online account system.

No,it doesnt. Quit blaming Nintendo because you dont like them. It makes you look pathetic.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#144NnamzPosted 2/10/2013 6:14:08 PM
Enclave posted...

You can say or acknowledge that Nintendo runs a completely archaic and ass backwards online model while still giving some responsibility to the consumer.

I'll admit that the Wii-U and 3DS are mass market devices, and therefore should follow industry standards. I also do not blame any AVERAGE consumer this happens to. But there is at least some consumer responsibility. Not nearly as much as fanboys like Baha and Starwars are claiming, but people do have a responsibility to research their purchases.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#145RazieruPosted 2/10/2013 6:17:08 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
No,it doesnt. Quit blaming Nintendo because you dont like them. It makes you look pathetic.

You mean like you and the rest of Nintendo's militants that pick axe anyone who has even the slightest shift in opinion about them? I'm just loving the smell of that pot kettle.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#146n00bsaib0tPosted 2/10/2013 9:23:05 PM

Nintendo is at fault for the faults in the system.

The guy in your post is at fault for being a moron and buying it.

No, really. It's that easy.

Complaining about the lack of an account system is fine. Defending some guy who isn't smart enough to look at what the product he purchases actually is just makes no sense.

The customer didn't bother learning what he was buying. He didn't read the manual. He didn't call customer service. He just said "oh, defective electronics. I should return this $300 console I just transferred $400 worth of content onto". The problem in this case is that this guy didn't know what he was doing, and didn't research what he bought.

I feel really sorry for you. When you grow up you're probably going to end up with a POS car with a 1 star safety rating that gets recalled because you don't find it necessary to research your purchases based on some imaginary set of rules you just made up regarding companies following "industry standards". And I hope to God you don't have kids when you get this car.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#147nintendoggerPosted 2/10/2013 9:31:55 PM
I'm confused by his content not being on the eshop? Was it deleted or did he homebrew his wii and try to transfer all of that?
---
"Bruh, time to face reality, the Ravens suck." -VonMiller (January 2013) Ravens Superbowl Champions 2013!!
#148godslayer61Posted 2/10/2013 9:48:55 PM
Baha05 posted...
Enclave posted...
Imagine that, taking a broken console under warranty back to the one who sold it to you is the customers fault. It's so obvious!

Yes because it's under warranty you call up the CS for the brand and you ship it to them to try and save data. You don't simply return it to the store.

if you own a nintendo you dont cause there set up is pathedic but if its my sony or 360 u can.I hope they get there stuff together before they kill the wii u .I ran out and bought one and now its been collecting dust for a month since i own all the good games and there is nothing new.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-077730466718
#149Mariofan15Posted 2/10/2013 9:55:22 PM
Baha05 posted...
Enclave posted...
Imagine that, taking a broken console under warranty back to the one who sold it to you is the customers fault. It's so obvious!

Yes because it's under warranty you call up the CS for the brand and you ship it to them to try and save data. You don't simply return it to the store.

if you own a nintendo you dont cause there set up is pathedic but if its my sony or 360 u can.I hope they get there stuff together before they kill the wii u .I ran out and bought one and now its been collecting dust for a month since i own all the good games and there is nothing new.

Like we dont have enough haters as is. Also,your english. Work on it.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#150HalecticPosted 2/10/2013 10:03:17 PM
Most people never read the ToS, in fact EVERY software or electronic device has a ToS hardly anyone ever reads.

Southpark made a paraody of it with the Human IPad
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835