What did people generally think of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn?

#21WiiFan77(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:07:22 PM
That's very unfortunate. I'm sad to find out it turned out that way, after all these years of putting it off. Oh well...
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#22Puzzles99Posted 2/9/2013 6:24:42 PM
Dark Dawn is exactly the same as the first two games; terrible.
#23WetterdewPosted 2/9/2013 6:47:05 PM
People calling the first games bad games are being morons. GS 1 and 2 are brilliant, the 3rd one is a disappointment to the series. It's not a bad game, but it doesn't shine like its predecessors.
---
A horrible person:
I am a horrible person. That's what it says: a horrible person.
#24Puzzles99Posted 2/9/2013 6:57:58 PM
People's problems with Dark Dawn:
- Too easy.
- Disjointed story telling (fetch quest tangents).
- Repetitive filler dialog.

All present in the first two games.

The only constant positive between the three games is the town/dungeon puzzle solving.

I swear Golden Sun, Tales of ____, and TWEWY are all defended to the death on these forums like they are the holy grail of RPGs when there are much better RPG experiences out there. I assume it mostly stems from the younger generation of gamers who first RPGs were GBA Golden Sun, GC Symphonia, and DS TWEWY respectively.
#25Delirious_BeardPosted 2/9/2013 7:00:26 PM
Wetterdew posted...
People calling the first games bad games are being morons. GS 1 and 2 are brilliant, the 3rd one is a disappointment to the series. It's not a bad game, but it doesn't shine like its predecessors.

Baww
---
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7082/7330305182_5b3fefe54c_o.gif
http://i34.tinypic.com/adnlsk.jpg http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcjibxsGMv1renuivo1_400.gif
#26WestbrickIIIPosted 2/9/2013 7:21:17 PM
Makeveli_lives posted...
-Characters are crap and don't develop throughout the story.
-The story takes off on a tangent early on and when it finally gets back on track, the game is essentially over.
-Piss easy. They don't have to be Atlus RPG hard (which requires grinding from the few that I've played), but a little difficulty so actual strategy could be employed once every few hours would have been nice.
-Tons and tons of meaningless dialogue that isn't necessary, charming, or otherwise worth actually reading.

We're talking about Dark Dawn, not the first two games in the series.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#27SSJ2__GohanPosted 2/9/2013 7:35:52 PM
GS 1 and 2 were awesome, GSDD was a piece of crap that should've been shipped to the sun's core instead.

Sure, GS1 and 2 were easy. But it was still acceptabel: GSDD is easily a million times easier.

Sure, GS1 and 2 had lots of sidequests. But they were all directly related to the main quest (for instance, all the sidequests of GS1 were either to show what disastrous effect Sol Sanctum's raid had on the world already which in turn told you how badly alchemy released would be, or Saturos and Menardi putting up roadblocks), and it was "only" about 50% of the entire games. Which, granted, IS much, but since it was all directly related to the main quest, it was doable due to the games in their entirety. GSDD's sidequests, however, took up over 99% of the entire game and had absolutely nothing to do with the main quest.

Sure, GS1 and 2 had alot of dialog. But it was all relevant in one way or another, and therefore, good. GSDD has tons and tons of irrelevant dialog.
#28McMarblesPosted 2/9/2013 7:46:04 PM
I didn't like it as much as the first two, but it wasn't the abomination that people act like it was.
---
Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.