I played the EO4 demo for 8 hours...

#1legendarylemurPosted 2/10/2013 1:27:25 AM
I've neglected all work I had for the weekend for this glorious spectacle. What a well polished game. Ever tried going from 2D to 3D in a dungeon? My gawd Atlus knows how to 3D. It's like... zooooooooop

Anyways, I beat all the dungeon FOEs at lvl 5-6. I dunno, the difficulty is surprisingly underwhelming. Once I just had the right skills, it was pretty easy. Wanted to beat them all at lvl 5, but those FOEs leveled me up >.>. After I beat them, I spent some time just trying out different team comps. It's the charm of this game after all. Man, after the crapfest that was Unchained Blades, it's nice to play this genre done... sooooo right.

Er... I dunno, I give the demo a 9/10.

Ask me anything
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
CLICK HERE FOR FAME AND GLORY
#2Bancario51Posted 2/10/2013 1:54:11 AM
can you make even more fantastic topics like this?
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#3legendarylemur(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 1:58:23 AM
Bancario51 posted...
can you make even more fantastic topics like this?

NO
---
#4AkaneJonesPosted 2/10/2013 2:05:16 AM
Easy? Ha ha ha ha
Is the Demo restricted to the first floor? The game will murderize you you poor soul. An FOE of your nightmare sneaks up and wam, it a fish you only can hope to kill if you put it to sleep, no its a evil tree that poisons you to death. You forgot both skills at home, ah that crab is immune to all physical attacks and you didn't bring an Alchemist! Run away!
#5AllFictionPosted 2/10/2013 2:48:18 AM
your team build please....
i lways get my *** kicked by kangaroo.
---
pardon me if my grammar suck...
#6legendarylemur(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 3:23:34 AM
AkaneJones posted...
Easy? Ha ha ha ha
Is the Demo restricted to the first floor? The game will murderize you you poor soul. An FOE of your nightmare sneaks up and wam, it a fish you only can hope to kill if you put it to sleep, no its a evil tree that poisons you to death. You forgot both skills at home, ah that crab is immune to all physical attacks and you didn't bring an Alchemist! Run away!

The demo doesn't show the mid-late game terrors of EOs (in fact you can only go up to lvl 10), but I always thought the first few minutes of EO were the hardest of the entire game. This game didn't feel that way at all. Let's hope they bring some very creative later games
---
#7kuragari1anonlyPosted 2/10/2013 3:23:45 AM
Third and fourth games aren't as brutal as the first two are.
Still fun though.
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#8Prayer_abyssPosted 2/10/2013 3:25:03 AM
Just close the demo program and went straight to Activity log, it said 26 hours for me. Great demo. I decided to set it down after training 25 characters to level 10.
#9legendarylemur(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 3:31:01 AM
AllFiction posted...
your team build please....
i lways get my *** kicked by kangaroo.

Kangaroos are a bit hard honestly. I had to lvl up a few times until I could beat them. My team is Landsk., Fortress, Nightseeker, Sniper, Medic. I think Sniper does the least in my current team build, but landsk. basically goes first with her speed, attack buff def debuff, procs prof. passive to guarantee hits and increase the damage that the rest of the team does, Fortress does her usual taunt and defend, medic heals fortress almost preemptively sometimes, Nightseeker tries to get a blind in. Once nightseeker gets blind on a FOE, you can guarantee to burst them down for the next few turns. I felt like I could do a bunch of builds better though. Probably max blind for Nightseeker for defensive/offensive purposes, replace Sniper with a mage to do more damage or get another medic and just stack the s*** out of that. I dunno.

A tip would be to use an Ebony carrot to poison kangaroos before the battle. But that's not a man's way
---
#10legendarylemur(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 3:31:53 AM
Prayer_abyss posted...
Just close the demo program and went straight to Activity log, it said 26 hours for me. Great demo. I decided to set it down after training 25 characters to level 10.

I wanted to build a full roster like that, but I thought I'd end up getting several new classes, AND I'd end up starting over for that hard mode anyways
---