Disgaea 3 or Fire Emblem:Awakening?

#21LinkMaster2703Posted 2/10/2013 1:24:35 PM
Fire Emblem. It isn't even close, Disgaea is just not good.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/C_Dalke
#22BlyrPosted 2/10/2013 1:29:42 PM
This is like choosing between your heart or your lungs.

You need both.
---
Does it scare anybody else that the only metric Americans know, has to do with weapons? -Rampagingwalrus
#23WestbrickIIIPosted 2/10/2013 2:20:18 PM
Number43 posted...
Despite the similarities from them both being srpgs, the differences between them are great enough that you can't definitively state that one is better than the other, as different people will prefer different ones between the two based on their own personal preferences.

They're both strategy games. They both involve grid-based combat. They're both turned-based. There is absolutely enough overlap to compare the games, and Disgaea is grindy and lacks any modicum of strategy.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#24VycoulPosted 2/10/2013 2:30:06 PM(edited)
Disgaea 3.

Let me put it this way: If character creation and customization means anything to you, get Disgaea. If you want to go through a game with absolutely no say in anything about your units other than what you use, get FE.
---
Thank God for inner monologue. ~ Miles Edgeworth
#25SOULGKGPosted 2/10/2013 2:25:43 PM
Fire Emblem by far.
#26PSI_IKEPosted 2/10/2013 2:33:42 PM
Vycoul posted...
Disgaea 3.

Let me put it this way: If character creation and customization means anything to you, get Disgaea. If you want to go through a game with absolutely no say in anything about your units other than what you use, get FE.

This isn't even remotely true, especially for Awakening
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4vCEHpv6Hg&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BOw6QPt1-g
#27Arsene-LupinPosted 2/10/2013 2:39:36 PM
They're both great games, but very different.

The only real aspect where I feel Fire Emblem does better than Disgaea is in setting the grid at 90 degrees instead of 45. Beyond that, Fire Emblem and Disgaea are really in a league of their own... all other SRPGs are just so much worse.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#28WestbrickIIIPosted 2/10/2013 2:39:44 PM
PSI_IKE posted...
Vycoul posted...
Disgaea 3.

He clearly hasn't played Awakening, which has far and away the most customizability in the series, so there's no reason to care about what he has to say.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#29VycoulPosted 2/10/2013 2:47:16 PM(edited)
PSI_IKE posted...

Oh s***, did Awakening change something? I admit, I was basing that comment on Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance. (I did play Awakening's demo though)
Did they finally implement character creation or at least customization in this latest one?
---
Thank God for inner monologue. ~ Miles Edgeworth
#30Number43Posted 2/10/2013 2:59:35 PM
There is a greater amount of customization in this one. You can reclass characters into multiple different classes and learn more special skills and they overhauled the support system so it is much more important which units you choose to pair up with each other.