What percent of your 3DS retail games are downloaded?

#41ZanimarPosted 2/11/2013 7:06:38 AM
Out of 19/20 games 1 is digital, Fire Emblem. I'm not against Digital versions of games as I have a ton of digital games on my PSP, but at the same time I don't really want to go crazy and buy games on the Eshop until they change things and make it so games are tied to an account rather than tied to the system, or at least give unlimited transfers between systems instead of the 5.

I'm not a millionaire like most of you and can't re-purchase a game two or three times

Um... unless you are also buying a whole new 3DS and not transferring your data to the new 3DS, you don't have to repurchase the 3DS games when you get a new SD card, just redownload them from your download list.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fx4HYOunLc&feature=plcp
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#42jakestar0306(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 7:15:27 AM
temgun posted...
0%

Digital games are significantly more expensive than retail games and is Nintendo going to support the online forever? No.

They're actually the same price, if not cheaper. And you don't need online to actually play a downloaded game.

shampoowarrior posted...
0%

Nintendo's lack of an account system, even with consoles released in 2011 and 2012 is very disturbing to me. I'll purchase digital exclusive content with much trepidation, but that's it.

Be patient, Nintendo's already said multiple times that they're working on it.

Donomega posted...
Zero! Those SD cards can fail you know, then what? I'm not a millionaire like most of you and can't re-purchase a game two or three times

Redownloading a game is free, and we aren't all millionaires.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#43NeoLegoPosted 2/11/2013 7:18:08 AM
100%

I am a digital only consumer. I download all my music from iTunes, my movies from Amazon, and my games from XBLA, iOS, and eShop.

It's the future people, fight it all you want, in 5-10 more years retail games will be obsolete!
#44n00bsaib0tPosted 2/11/2013 7:22:29 AM
They're actually the same price, if not cheaper.

If you buy SM3DL retail you get a case, the cart itself that holds the game, some inserts, all that fun stuff.

If you buy SM3DL digital you get the game. That's it. And it's still $40. So you're paying the same price for less content, making it more expensive.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#45jakestar0306(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 7:34:44 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
They're actually the same price, if not cheaper.

If you buy SM3DL retail you get a case, the cart itself that holds the game, some inserts, all that fun stuff.

If you buy SM3DL digital you get the game. That's it. And it's still $40. So you're paying the same price for less content, making it more expensive.

The box, manual, etc. are all extras; they're not the main selling point. It's fine if you like retail better because of those things, but to say the digital copy costs more because you don't get an optional box is ridiculous, especially when a box's value is only determined by the consumer and has no retail price. Though people like you want the box (which is perfectly understandable), others simply don't care and only buy a game for the game itself.

(And don't forget about the tax you don't have to pay for a digital copy.)
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#46CVNut13Posted 2/11/2013 7:40:30 AM
Out of the fifteen retail games, two are downloaded.
#47temgunPosted 2/11/2013 7:42:46 AM
jakestar0306 posted...
They're actually the same price, if not cheaper. And you don't need online to actually play a downloaded game.

But as usual, Europeans are second class customers and have to pay 45 for each game. Then again I could get them from Amazon uk for 20 or so. So the e-shop version costs double the amount that you can get it on retail.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#48Plasma EXEPosted 2/11/2013 8:00:11 AM
A little over 1% (only bought Fire Emblem digitally because Nintendo handled the launch so poorly that it got delayed for a long time in a lot of places like Amazon). The way I see it, it's instant gratification and costs you saving the wait. But until there's at least an account system of some sort, I don't see this replacing retail anytime soon.
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336
#49n00bsaib0tPosted 2/11/2013 8:07:58 AM
The box, manual, etc. are all extras; they're not the main selling point. It's fine if you like retail better because of those things, but to say the digital copy costs more because you don't get an optional box is ridiculous, especially when a box's value is only determined by the consumer and has no retail price. Though people like you want the box (which is perfectly understandable), others simply don't care and only buy a game for the game itself.

But you can't dispute the fact that $40 for a rom is more than $40 for a case, game cartridge containing rom, manual, etc.

(And don't forget about the tax you don't have to pay for a digital copy.)

Aw, how cute. TC doesn't understand tax laws. Fun fact- we don't all live where you do.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#50DEMONPANDA212Posted 2/11/2013 8:22:08 AM
I have 1 and it was free for buying and XL.

Downloads are a rip in the EU and I'd always want to be able to sell a game on if it sucks,