What percent of your 3DS retail games are downloaded?

#51hypermoePosted 2/11/2013 8:34:42 AM
just got the fire emblem digitally since i bought the bundle all other titles are in physical format. probably be that too.
---
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!
#52KurenoPosted 2/11/2013 9:47:26 AM
Fire Emblem was my first digital retail game, out of about 20. Now that I have it, I ain't even mad. I sold my retail box when I finally got it; simply didn't need it anymore.

I'm debating EO4 digitally, too, now (preserving my $30 retail swag copy). Already planned to get MonHun and AC off eShop. Games I would never sell and would play forever seem like a good fit for such a thing.
---
Loading new signature. Please wait.
#53LariatLionPosted 2/11/2013 10:04:00 AM
100%
Digital downloads are the way of the future. I get the people who prefer to buy the cartridges because of nintendo's ridiculous business model; I for one am taking the risk of going fully digital before Nintendo gets its act together.
What I don't get are the ones that buy retail "so I can hold it in my hand and read the book"
#54AirBorneCoffeeTPosted 2/11/2013 10:11:34 AM
1 out of 7 are Digital downloads -- but that was only because Fire Emblem was a ditial-only release.
---
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)
#55RED_LINK1Posted 2/11/2013 10:14:24 AM
Only Fire Emblem. I wanted to play it the night of release and my local retail stores had a shipment delay due to weather.
#56jakestar0306(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 10:40:51 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
The box, manual, etc. are all extras; they're not the main selling point. It's fine if you like retail better because of those things, but to say the digital copy costs more because you don't get an optional box is ridiculous, especially when a box's value is only determined by the consumer and has no retail price. Though people like you want the box (which is perfectly understandable), others simply don't care and only buy a game for the game itself.

But you can't dispute the fact that $40 for a rom is more than $40 for a case, game cartridge containing rom, manual, etc.

(And don't forget about the tax you don't have to pay for a digital copy.)

Aw, how cute. TC doesn't understand tax laws. Fun fact- we don't all live where you do.

Aw, how cute. Noob doesn't understand that 40 is equal to 40. Fun fact: you didn't specify where you're from and this is a predominantly American site.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#57n00bsaib0tPosted 2/11/2013 10:58:22 AM
jakestar0306 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
The box, manual, etc. are all extras; they're not the main selling point. It's fine if you like retail better because of those things, but to say the digital copy costs more because you don't get an optional box is ridiculous, especially when a box's value is only determined by the consumer and has no retail price. Though people like you want the box (which is perfectly understandable), others simply don't care and only buy a game for the game itself.

But you can't dispute the fact that $40 for a rom is more than $40 for a case, game cartridge containing rom, manual, etc.

(And don't forget about the tax you don't have to pay for a digital copy.)

Aw, how cute. TC doesn't understand tax laws. Fun fact- we don't all live where you do.

Aw, how cute. Noob doesn't understand that 40 is equal to 40. Fun fact: you didn't specify where you're from and this is a predominantly American site.

$40 for less makes it more expensive.

And when the hell did Arizona stop being part of America?
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#58DEMONPANDA212Posted 2/11/2013 11:32:07 AM
LariatLion posted...
100%
Digital downloads are the way of the future. I get the people who prefer to buy the cartridges because of nintendo's ridiculous business model; I for one am taking the risk of going fully digital before Nintendo gets its act together.
What I don't get are the ones that buy retail "so I can hold it in my hand and read the book"

Totally agree.

I have nearly 300 games on Steam, I have over 300 VC and WiiWare, a ton of Live, PSN and more. If I had the pysical product for all my games, I'd be featured on some crappy hoarders show every week.
#59FlammieXPosted 2/11/2013 12:16:54 PM
22 games not one is digital.
#60Argh4430Posted 2/11/2013 1:52:34 PM
I do have a lot of digital games, even more than my retail games, just that I have 1 digital retail game.
---
NNID: Snyder78
3DS FC: 3695-1354-4936