Best 3DS games

#1butterbeancdPosted 2/10/2013 3:41:33 PM
I got an unexpected financial windfall this week and I've wanted to get a 3DS, but I'm not quite sure if it'd be worth it. I really, really want to play the new Fire Emblem game because I love that franchise, but what other games are out there that are solid options?

I'm mostly a fan of RPGs and any story-driven game. I don't like short games or puzzle games, so what are some other recommendations you guys have?
---
"I am the last Claptrap in existence, and I AM GOING TO TEABAG YOUR CORPSE!" - Claptrap, Borderlands 2
#2Magikoopa21Posted 2/10/2013 5:03:08 PM
Kid Icarus Uprising absolutely. I would also highly recommend Super Mario 3D Land.
#3AnclationPosted 2/10/2013 5:06:59 PM
Yeah, Kid Icarus: Uprising is awesome, as well as surprisingly lengthy. And if you haven't played Tales of the Abyss for the PS2, you should definitely consider picking up the 3DS version.
#4SnoogleDumplingPosted 2/10/2013 6:11:28 PM
I personally loved Samurai Warriors chronicles and spent around 130 hours on it since launch, it can be found for pretty cheap now. However the game isn't for everybody if you like the warriors series of games it's a great purchase if you've never played a warriors game before I'd be more hesitant about buying it though.
#5RayzerTagPosted 2/10/2013 6:22:01 PM
The best 3DS games are:

- Virtue's Last Reward
- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- Super Mario 3D Land
- Fire Emblem: Awakening

Then there are a lot of other good ones:

- Resident Evil: Revelations
- Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
- Mario Kart 7

And a lot more I'm forgetting.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#6shmirlywhirlPosted 2/10/2013 6:29:39 PM
Never understood the Kid Icarus Hype.

But, if you're a fan of Harvest Moon, A New Beggining is pretty good.

If you've never played Harvest Moon, A New beggining is still pretty good.
---
Now with 100% real fruit juice
#7Dinoman96Posted 2/10/2013 6:56:09 PM
shmirlywhirl posted...
Never understood the Kid Icarus Hype.

There's always one...
---
wargle gargle
#8butterbeancd(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 7:36:37 PM
It's always good to get a nice consensus pick. Sounds like Kid Icarus is that pick; that's good to know. Thanks guys. I think for now I'm going to stick with Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus, then grab the next Pokemon when it comes out.
---
"I am the last Claptrap in existence, and I AM GOING TO TEABAG YOUR CORPSE!" - Claptrap, Borderlands 2
#9MortalDangerPosted 2/10/2013 7:59:50 PM
I picked up a 3DS XL on Thursday with Pokemon Black 2 and Fire Emblem...it's already been worth the value. Haven't tried Kid Icarus yet, but I got LoZ: OoT and then bought Havest Moon last night when I was drunk. I get nostalgic when I drink whiskey. SIgh.
---
God Bless America.
#10PictocheatPosted 2/10/2013 9:00:00 PM
By puzzle games, do you mean games like Professor Layton and Zero Escape? I don't care for those either, but I do like games with more of an adventure aspect and dungeon puzzles like Ocarina of Time 3D and Paper Mario Sticker Star, so I don't know what you'd think about those games.

If you like the Fire Emblem series, Awakening should be a great place to start. Awakening will be my first Fire Emblem game, but it looks like it will be pretty good!

Kid Icarus Uprising is a MUST! Beautiful music, great voice acting, and awesome gameplay all mixed into one package! I'd go as far as to say it's the best 3DS game of all time (so far)!

If you like RPGs, you'll probably like Tales of the Abyss. Being a JRPG, the story gets pretty convoluted, but the battling mechanics are pretty well-done. Same goes for Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.

Finally, if you have extra money to spend and you're bored, Super Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros. 2 (if you play all the levels), and Mario Kart 7 are pretty good. They're shorter than the others, though.
---
U say U want a Revolution
Well, U know Wii all want to change the world