Why doesn't the eshop have more recent classics?

#11Arsene-LupinPosted 2/10/2013 6:05:13 PM
There's no such thing as too many copies of Chrono Trigger.

And many several of those games are already up on the Wii's VC, and/or Sony PSN, so the legal and technical issues would only apply to a small number.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#12Baha05Posted 2/10/2013 6:07:16 PM
Arsene-Lupin posted...
There's no such thing as too many copies of Chrono Trigger.

And many several of those games are already up on the Wii's VC, and/or Sony PSN, so the legal and technical issues would only apply to a small number.

True but the DS version already beats the other versions ass.

Also even though they are on those systems doesn't mean contracts or technical issues don't exist. We have no real clue how Sony/Nintendo even does with VC, they are both slow in releasing them.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#1390sRetroGamingPosted 2/10/2013 6:08:14 PM
hyper kobun dash posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
because nintendo.

---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#14Arsene-LupinPosted 2/10/2013 6:09:28 PM
Well, in terms of old classics, Sony really has put most of the big PS1 classics up on the PSN. The same can't be said for the PS2 classics, but there are enough issues with PS2 emulation that I'm willing to accept it. But SNES emulation is pretty damn simple, as is GBA emulation: there's no reason why Nintendo can't get a decent VC library up there.

The reason they're so slow probably has to do with the criteria for putting up VC games in the first place. They probably charge publishers to put up content, or don't let publishers reap any profit without selling a certain number of copies, or something like that.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#15Shadow2790xPosted 2/10/2013 6:57:06 PM
hyper kobun dash posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
because nintendo.

---
...You will be screaming: YES! YES! YES!
PSN: Shadow2790x --- "Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"