sign here if you cant enjoy a downloadable retail game psychologically

#21JTC87Posted 2/11/2013 1:57:29 AM
Ulyaoth74 posted...
JTC87 posted...
If you can't enjoy a digital game because you don't have a physical copy, you may have a mental disorder.

You know this site has an age limit? Or are you just acting like a kid?

I am 25 so I am sure I exceed any limit. What I said is true though, if you have anxiety because you don't have a physical copy I would say that is a disorder.
#22jakestar0306Posted 2/11/2013 8:25:15 AM
aamot posted...
Hey.
Hey TC.
You spelled "insecure, fear-mongering materialist" wrong in your title.

*infinite unsigns!*

This guy gets it.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#23n00bsaib0tPosted 2/11/2013 8:31:01 AM
JTC87 posted...
If you can't enjoy a digital game because you don't have a physical copy, you may have a mental disorder.

Well, either this guy is right or TC is just blatantly ignoring the EULA. You don't own physical copies either. What you buy is a license to play the game. It's up to you what format you buy the game in, but under no circumstances does purchasing mean you own that game. That's just how it works.

You can argue that you prefer physical for resale reasons, and that's perfectly valid, but to say that you don't own a digital copy but do own a physical copy is wrong.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#24Bikes-Posted 2/11/2013 8:35:58 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
JTC87 posted...

Well, either this guy is right or TC is just blatantly ignoring the EULA. You don't own physical copies either. What you buy is a license to play the game. It's up to you what format you buy the game in, but under no circumstances does purchasing mean you own that game. That's just how it works.

You can argue that you prefer physical for resale reasons, and that's perfectly valid, but to say that you don't own a digital copy but do own a physical copy is wrong.

While this is true, a game company can't really just run in and steal your physical copies. With digital it's a bit more sketchy, although it's a PR disaster if you take away people's games so it doesn't really happen.

Anyway I don't like Nintendo's Digital, for 3 reasons.
1. The lack of discounts, I own 100s of steam games but I've payed full price for maybe 10 of them. Other systems have always had rather limited discounts in comparison.
2. Lack of account.
3. I like collecting DS games, one of the few systems that I still hunt down games for, and since the 3ds is basically DS 2.0 I hope to continue to do so.
#25Plasma EXEPosted 2/11/2013 8:51:53 AM(edited)
I am enjoying my digital game of Fire Emblem all the same. But I feel like this is one game I really should have gotten retail since I see myself playing it against from time to time considering how much replay value there is to it and I'd get pissed if my 3DS somehow bricked. But Nintendo handled the launch of this game pretty terribly and I'm not giving them my money like that again until the retail version of whatever game appears in stores.

This'll probably be my one and only time I'm ever buying a retail game digitally unless Nintendo makes an account system.
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336
#26n00bsaib0tPosted 2/11/2013 9:04:09 AM
While this is true, a game company can't really just run in and steal your physical copies. With digital it's a bit more sketchy, although it's a PR disaster if you take away people's games so it doesn't really happen.

What are they going to do with your digital copy? Remotely delete it?

And generally removed content can still be downloaded. If I go into my download history I can redownload Pokedex 3D despite it being removed when Pro went online. Same for stuff like PSN Mortal Kombat II and XBL Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, or the Guitar Hero 3 Dropkick Murphys pack.

Oh, and getting Pokedex 3D was done on a NEW 3DS that Nintendo customer service transferred my download history to, so you don't get restricted to having it on the original device.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#27PuddingchanPosted 2/11/2013 9:09:59 AM
They don't do accounts for digital downloads on 3DS?

Ok this is really screwed. Maybe I need to rethink about the digital/physical thing about games.
#28n00bsaib0tPosted 2/11/2013 9:16:26 AM

Ok this is really screwed. Maybe I need to rethink about the digital/physical thing about games.

If you register your 3DS on Club Nintendo and link your Club Nintendo account to the eshop it's basically the same thing. If you decide to get a new 3DS for whatever reason (like the old one breaks and you don't want to send it in for repair) you just call Nintendo with the new serial number and they'll move your purchases from the old serial number to the new one. It doesn't have an account system, but your purchases are tracked and safe.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
#29PuddingchanPosted 2/11/2013 9:43:36 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...

If you register your 3DS on Club Nintendo and link your Club Nintendo account to the eshop it's basically the same thing. If you decide to get a new 3DS for whatever reason (like the old one breaks and you don't want to send it in for repair) you just call Nintendo with the new serial number and they'll move your purchases from the old serial number to the new one. It doesn't have an account system, but your purchases are tracked and safe.

That's good to know. Guess it isn't an issue to worry about.