So Atlus, XSEED, and Falcom are the only Dev/Publishers who care about us.

#41adampeltzPosted 2/11/2013 6:09:41 AM
I honestly get the vibe that Nicalis cares. I don't get that feeling from many publishers.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#42noutBrPosted 2/11/2013 6:51:06 AM
There are quite a few game development teams out there, even the bigger companies have passionate and caring game designers, artists, composers etc.

It's just that the publishers and people in charge of the business side of things have completely other priorities. Unfortunately for us long time gamers the expansion of the market made us effectively a minority and even though we usually provide a healthy profit there is much more money to be made in the casual market. So it's tough for the passionate people to actually get a green light for their ideas/projects because game development has become quite complicated and expensive.

Usually the games aimed at niche audiences are filled with passion and love from the creators, I really get that vibe from everything Monolith Soft, Naughty Dog, Game Freak, Falcom, Platinum and lots more.

Capcom is just about the worst when it comes to treating their longtime fans (Mega Man?), Square-Enix is not far behind actually but that's mainly because they refuse to localise or put games on psn (in Europe especially).
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#43DeathSnipe777Posted 2/11/2013 7:03:33 AM
Capcom isn't as bad as people make them out to be. They've done a lot more good than bad in my eyes. Half the time someone lambasts Capcom it's because of Megaman Legends 3 or on-disc DLC.

Also, Atlus is basically the second coming of Jesus. One of the few companies still around that gives a damn about its fans.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#44noutBrPosted 2/11/2013 7:27:20 AM
DeathSnipe777 posted...
Capcom isn't as bad as people make them out to be. They've done a lot more good than bad in my eyes. Half the time someone lambasts Capcom it's because of Megaman Legends 3 or on-disc DLC.

You think Mega Man fans are disappointed just because MML3 got canceled? How about canceling MMU and pretty much ignoring MM completely aside from sponsoring an 8-bit fan project tribute to MM and SF and a crappy flash game for iOS.

Not one MM game is in the making that we know of, no sidescroller, RPG or even a collection of older MMBN games, NOTHING. Mega Man may not be a million selling franchise but it has some of the most loyal fans who have been gaming since the NES, MM will always make a profit, just not as big as RE or SF.

And yeah I think all the companies who try to knickle&dime gamers for all kinds of crap that used to be included in the basic game is pretty sad. Even worse is that apparently gamers gobble this stuff up and bend over like good little slaves for all these shady practices so I can't even fully blame the publishers. I LOVE games, I really do but the way I get treated as a customer/fan makes me want to quit gaming at times. Pkys, as a European gamer the only thing that keeps me relatively happy is the fact that I have access to emulators because we either don't get retro games or we get crappy versions of them.

/rant
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#45Bikes-Posted 2/11/2013 7:31:25 AM
DeathSnipe777 posted...

Also, Atlus is basically the second coming of Jesus. One of the few companies still around that gives a damn about its fans.

People are also dislike the way some of there series have gone, mostly RE. Also skipping a phoenix wright release and the west. They also handled PR for RE:R terribly, first they wanted to charge 50$ for the game (which they backed out of) and then the save crap. There's also the issue of super turbo ultra extreme editions, especially in this modern day of dlc....which they abuse as well.
I admit I don't hate them that much, mostly because I'm not all that invested in any of their series other than Phoenix wright, so the only thing I directly have against them is not bringing AAI2 over.
#46Nergy15Posted 2/11/2013 7:34:49 AM
DeathSnipe777 posted...

People have reasons to dig at Capcom. They still make games that deliver (at least in my opinion). But I've seen more reasons why Capcom have earned their not-so-hot reputation.

Not just on-disc DLC or the cancelation of MML3. But for things like undeletable save files (RE: Mercs) and the sloppy release of SFxT (plagued with bugs, exploits and online multiplayer issues). While I haven't played either, RE6 was considered a bad step by many while allowing the Kinect Steel Battalion game to actually be released in it's almost non-functioning condition was probably something they should have avoided.
---
u wot m8
#47HakuPosted 2/11/2013 7:44:42 AM(edited)
Quiet_Noise posted...
Haku posted...
Atlus, first people to enforce the region lock on PS3. Really caring.

This was a pressured decision, as it would be cheaper for Japan to buy these items from the United States (Especially the anime). So, the anime doesn't have dual audio and the game was region locked.

Otherwise, native sales would have been rock bottom, as they're marked up absurdly high.

Yet they still locked Europe out. It's not all or nothing. They could have quite easily restricted the US version to US and EU/Australia and the Japanese release to the regions it is for (I think it's for a few others as well, not just Japan), but no they decided to screw Europe as well.

Also, I'm sure Atlus are not the only company who would have that concern, unless they are the only ones who overprice there, yet they are the ones who decided to take their place in history and be the first to enforce the region lock.
#48Boney00Posted 2/11/2013 8:17:35 AM
What about the publisher bringing us Pandora's Tower? Who is that?
---
PSN: Bones00 3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964
#49Bikes-Posted 2/11/2013 8:35:36 AM
Boney00 posted...
What about the publisher bringing us Pandora's Tower? Who is that?

X-seed
#50MetalLokiPosted 2/11/2013 8:44:36 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]