Tell me what to do with my money.

#1centurion3465Posted 2/10/2013 11:47:44 PM
Alright guys, after an exhausting week I finally buckled down and decided to buy a 3ds to satisfy my fire emblem addiction. I got the money for it, but I'm still a little hesitant.

My problem?

I can't justify buying a whole new handheld system for one new game, so give me some games I should be checking out in addition to Fire Emblem: Awakening. Big fan of RPG and Strategy, and will probably pick up Mario Kart 7 because I love that whole series so much.

So experts on this board, what games should I be aware of?
#2VyersPosted 2/10/2013 11:50:12 PM
Brain Age: Concentration Training. Once you get past the theme, the puzzles are very, very fun. $30.

Etrian Odyssey IV is a fun game for hardcore RPG fans - as in, fans of the more difficult of the genre. $40. The same rings true with Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner Soul Hackers. $40.

An unfortunately overlooked game often is Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. A bit generic, but it's a solid SRPG. $10 used on Amazon.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Latest YouTube upload: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_zcAJVPvo8 Pokemon Snap, Part 2
#3centurion3465(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 12:01:13 AM
Good notes. I've heard about Etrian, but I'm not about to say that I'm exactly up to date on the handheld markets. So I'll definitely look into that, I've also heard good things about a game called Zero Escape. But is playing the original a necessity before picking that one up?

If it helps y'all, Strategy, RPG are not exclusive categories. I'm an all around game fan (those two areas just happen to be my favorites).
#4sentoworfPosted 2/11/2013 12:27:21 AM
999 is really good from what I've been playing.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#5nooitzbenPosted 2/11/2013 2:26:50 AM
Since the 3ds is backwards compatible you should check out if there are any DS games you want to play. You should check out the DS boards for more advice. I definitely have a lot more DS games than 3ds games in my library. I've only had a 3dsXL for a few months and it's awesome. Just having the 3dsxl opens up a huge library of games I wasn't able to play before.
---
3ds XL FC = 4785 - 4272 -2005
#6weemadarthurPosted 2/11/2013 7:09:56 AM
Did you play Tales of the Abyss on ps2?

Rune Factory 4 will be out this summer.
---
"You're right. And when you're right, you're right. And you, you're always right!"
#7NeoLegoPosted 2/11/2013 7:27:22 AM
Man, there are SO many great 3DS games. Already released must have games are Super Mario Land 3D, Legend of Zelda OoT, New Super Mario Bros 2, Mario Kart 7, Star Fox 3D.

Coming up this year you have Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, and a new 3D PokeMon (X/Y).

In the distant future you also have Super Smash Bros coming to the 3DS.

And finally, like has been mentioned, you have a HUGE library of games you can play previous. PokeMon Black 2/White 2 and PokeMon Conquest are amazing games. And honestly, there are hundreds of quality DS games that you could play easily on your new 3DS.

The last thing I will tell you, spring for the XL. I know there is a Fire Emblem system release, but it's the standard 3DS and the XL is such a huge upgrade of the system, I can't recommend the original model to anyone.
#8emagdnEPosted 2/11/2013 8:22:29 AM
big fan of strategy games you say?

you'll hate Awakening, there is no strategy involved whatsoever, just grind and win
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#9Bikes-Posted 2/11/2013 8:26:43 AM
If you like SRPGS, Devil Survivor Overclocked.