Took your Pokemon advice, it worked!

#1AAANGRYPosted 2/11/2013 4:00:24 AM
Hey all!

Took your advice when i started Pokemon after not playing since Pokemon Red on my Gameboy. Bought SoulSilver and Heart Gold (came together) and im playing SS and loving it. Just got off the boat after beating elite four and am starting the new region.

Question though.

I am putting alot of time into catching heaps of Pokemon to complete the national pokedex and levelling up my favourites, is this pointless?

I bought Pokemon Black and Black V2 to play after i finish SS/HG, am i wasting my time?

Can i import ALL my caught pokemon to the newer games so i dont have to catch the same Pokemon again?

Can i still catch the same Pokemon in the older games in the newer games?

This will determine whether i start Black right now, and Black V2 straight after.
---
You are a fool. I'm going to crush you... and throw you into the wind. - Vegeta
#2lambchipsPosted 2/11/2013 4:07:00 AM
AAANGRY posted...
Question though.

I am putting alot of time into catching heaps of Pokemon to complete the national pokedex and levelling up my favourites, is this pointless?

I bought Pokemon Black and Black V2 to play after i finish SS/HG, am i wasting my time?

Can i import ALL my caught pokemon to the newer games so i dont have to catch the same Pokemon again?

Can i still catch the same Pokemon in the older games in the newer games?

This will determine whether i start Black right now, and Black V2 straight after.

1. no, you can trade them to the later games.. if you have the money for the pokeballs, then its ok to catch everything (you should also know, if you're going to buy pokeballs buy them 10 at a time for the free premier ball)

2. i would play black and white 1 first...
i felt the characters in 2 were extremely weak and the pacing of the plot was inconsistent
^ I got annoyed at the game because they force you to take a detour and do the story quest after you get the 7th or 8th badge...
Usually in pokemon games i prefer they forced the story near the start> mid, then let us travel for the last few badges

3. yes, but only after you get past a certain point of the game (usually elite 4)

4. b/w 1 has all new pokemons until you beat the e4
but
in 2 they appear in grass areas right at the start
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#3Tzuba12Posted 2/11/2013 4:07:37 AM
Do whatever you want, you aren't wasting time. Its up to you.
Black and White are great, play them whenever you feel like it, you don't even have to wait until you beat HG or SS since its not like it follows any story.
Yes you can import your old pokemon, but only AFTER you beat Black.
You can still catch old Pokemon, AFTER you beat Black, and right off the bat in Black 2.
You should start Black first, regardless, since the story continues in Black 2. I say start Black right now if you really want to.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#4AAANGRY(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 4:19:58 AM
Ok, i might start Black this week.

By 'importing' the old pokemon into the new game, it means i have to TRADE them to the new cartridge... right?

I wish there was a way you could just bring all your old pkmn across in one hit!

The 'gotta catch em all' phrase gets rough when there are so many pkmn out in Black V2 :P
---
You are a fool. I'm going to crush you... and throw you into the wind. - Vegeta
#5Tzuba12Posted 2/11/2013 4:48:04 AM
AAANGRY posted...
Ok, i might start Black this week.

By 'importing' the old pokemon into the new game, it means i have to TRADE them to the new cartridge... right?

I wish there was a way you could just bring all your old pkmn across in one hit!

The 'gotta catch em all' phrase gets rough when there are so many pkmn out in Black V2 :P

You don't trade them, you transfer them. You can do like 6 at a time iirc. But its limited to a certain amount a day. You can bypass that by changing the time, though.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba