Should Nintendo abandon Mario Kart for...

#1brigadier_101Posted 2/11/2013 4:41:55 AM
Nintendo Kart?

It's a serious question that came to me last night. I've been playing Sonic All Star Racing Transformed since it was released on eShop last Thursday and I can honestly say I have enjoyed it waaaay more than I did MK7 despite it's obvious issues. I've even surpassed the hours I spent on MK7 already with no intention of putting it down yet. Anyways, i think there's a couple of reasons for this. Firstly, the characters. I do like the characters in the Mario universe however I just think it would be more fun having characters from all Nintendo franchises like it was with Sega All Stars, and with this it will still be acceptable to keep many popular characters from the usual Mario Kart.

Basically it would be Super Smash Bros Kart. I would definitely prefer to race as Link, Fox or Samus compared to Metal Mario, the Honey Queen or Wiggler.

What do you guys think?

Oh... And secondly, they should make the single player experience as good as Sega All-Stars, because in comparison MK7's non-existant.
---
My reviews: http://jordanhumphries90.wordpress.com/
Latest review: Monster Shooter (Nintendo 3DS)
#2Tzuba12Posted 2/11/2013 4:46:00 AM
This idea has been brought up like a million times.

And I just don't think some of Nintendo's characters would look right riding Go Karts.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#3SnackasaurusPosted 2/11/2013 4:47:32 AM
Sonic & Sega All Stars works because it's sorta Sega's Smash. Mario Kart already sells millions and a Nintendo kart racer would just take away some of Smash's appeal. I like things how they are.
#4brigadier_101(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 4:50:02 AM
Tzuba12 posted...
This idea has been brought up like a million times.

Really? My bad.
---
My reviews: http://jordanhumphries90.wordpress.com/
Latest review: Monster Shooter (Nintendo 3DS)
#5DeathSoul2000Posted 2/11/2013 4:50:07 AM
don't really see the point, we've already got smash bros. plus they'd have to make tons of new items for each series, it would become far too cluttered.
#6VyersPosted 2/11/2013 5:04:55 AM
Nah. I just think that they need to reinvent Mario Kart.

For one, it definitely needs to take notes from Sonic & Sega Racing. Brisker pacing, PERHAPS incorporate more franchises, but like S&S, make it far more about Mario than every other brand.

For another, it needs to lose laps, though keep them for classic tracks. Basically, all tracks work like Wuhu tracks and New Rainbow Road.

Classic tracks DLC. Besides what's immediately available, have every single track available, encouraging to buy in bundle with cheaper prices if you buy by release. This could also be used for previous characters.

However! It also needs to work within a system that gives you access to these tracks in every single Mario Kart game that gets released after that.

Introduce Casual Racing, Normal Racing, and Advanced Racing. Casual Racing is basically the set-up we have now - that grants Blue Shells and the like based on rank in the race. Normal Racing is similar to this, but with more balance between helping out the losers and rewarding pure skill. Advanced Racing would be based almost entirely on skill; in this mode, the Blue Shell is disabled. This way, Mario Kart becomes more palatable to those who want to play it as a competitive game, but can still be enjoyed by those who are less experienced.

Item Switch for offline play, same mechanics as Smash Bros. (Blue Shell only on Very High!)

Customizable tracks, using the new tracks in the game to design them.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Latest YouTube upload: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_zcAJVPvo8 Pokemon Snap, Part 2
#7aamotPosted 2/11/2013 6:27:42 AM(edited)
I think Nintendo Kart would be the smart direction to go with it. It could essentially stay the same game, just throw in cross-series characters.

Oh! We'd also get new levels based on non-Mario characters! Imagine racing around the streets of Twoson, the hills of Smashville, or Hyrule's castle grounds.

edit: now I just want Earthbound Racing :^(
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#8adampeltzPosted 2/11/2013 7:01:36 AM
I think Smash Kart racing would definitely be cool. I'd buy it.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#9Halladay32Posted 2/11/2013 9:00:42 AM(edited)
I think they should, if only so there would be a higher chance that they'd have interesting tracks like in Sonic & All-Stars Racing.

To explain what I mean, take Neo Bowser City for example -- I must have missed the game where Bowser runs a futuristic city. Or what about Rosalina's Ice World, which should've just been called Generic Ice World that Has Nothing to Do with the Galaxy Games or Rosalina (oh sorry, there's a random planetoid floating in the sky \(_o)/). Most of the courses are just generic and basically have nothing to relate them to the Mario universe outside of superficial, cosmetic tweaks. It's irritating, because they show with Piranha Plant Slide that they do have the capacity to make courses that feel at home in a Mario game.

I'm not sure many will agree with me, but the courses are the part I care most about in Mario Kart games, and I wish they were less nonsensical and more interesting. Like Tick-Tock Clock from Mario Kart DS! Most of the tracks should be like that, in my opinion.
---
"A man who lived in dreams. That's who he was."
#10CressDXXPosted 2/11/2013 9:01:16 AM
no. they should for F zero.
---
3DS FC: 4425-1804-8511
XBOX360 GT: CressDX