Question about digital / physical copies of a game

#1PuddingchanPosted 2/11/2013 8:47:30 AM
1. Are you able to download them more than once? Say for example you got bored of the game and decided to delete it later on, and then want to download it again a few months after deletion.

2. Are you allowed to download the same game onto two separate SD cards, locked onto one system? My concern for this is because I have a sibling who wants to play a game which only has one save file. (Specifically, DWM: Terry's Wonderland later on if they do publish it.) I'm thinking if this can be a potential solution, or maybe not...

3. How is the cost of a digital copy compared to the physical copy? I know it does not differ for FE: Awakening but what about other games?

4. What are the chances of corrupted cartridges for physical copies?
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 2/11/2013 8:52:23 AM(edited)
1. once you bought them, their yours forever.

2. i don't know, never tried it. there's no reason why you couldn't download it onto 2 cards, you'd have to try it yourself with regards to savefiles.

3. DD is exactly the same as physical. you save nothing.

4. corruption hasn't really been an issue since the GBA days,(in other words over a decade ago) and even then, its mostly caused by user stupidity. i.e. taking the cart out whilst saving, turning it off whilst saving. in other words this should be pretty much a non issue.
#3SkittyOnWailordPosted 2/11/2013 8:52:48 AM
1: Yes you can redownload them later.

2: Yes you can have them on more than one SD card on one system.

3: Generally a digital game costs the same as the MSRP for a retail game.

4: I haven't heard of that happening since the days of the GB. Mainly because those used an actual battery to hold the save file.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#4Bikes-Posted 2/11/2013 8:53:42 AM
Puddingchan posted...
1. Are you able to download them more than once? Say for example you got bored of the game and decided to delete it later on, and then want to download it again a few months after deletion.

2. Are you allowed to download the same game onto two separate SD cards, locked onto one system? My concern for this is because I have a sibling who wants to play a game which only has one save file. (Specifically, DWM: Terry's Wonderland later on if they do publish it.) I'm thinking if this can be a potential solution, or maybe not...

3. How is the cost of a digital copy compared to the physical copy? I know it does not differ for FE: Awakening but what about other games?

1. Yes, as long as you don't blank the 3ds's memory you can download games over and over.
2. I want to say yes, but I've never tried it myself.
3. Digital are all full price regardless of how much the physical copy costs. (I think)
4. I've never had that happen on any 3ds or ds game ever so it's not really a issue as far as I know.
#5jakestar0306Posted 2/11/2013 9:03:28 AM(edited)
1. Yes
2. Yes (and that would be a good solution to your problem)
3. That depends on where you live. In the U.S., digital costs the same as retail most of the time, though it's sometimes a few dollars cheaper (like with Brain Age: Concentration Training). You also don't have to pay tax on digital games, so that should save you a few more dollars as well. If you live in Europe, though... don't even think about downloading.

4. Zero. And even if something does happen, you can just redownload the game.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#6Puddingchan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 9:03:17 AM
Thanks for the answers. Think I'll go digital for the convenience, unless the physical copies are cheaper or available.

Definitely digital for Terry's Wonderland because I don't want to fight with my sibling over limited saveslots for the game.
#7SkittyOnWailordPosted 2/11/2013 9:08:24 AM(edited)
Puddingchan posted...

jakestar0306 posted...

How exactly can you redownload a physical game? What do you know that everyone else doesn't? :p
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#8Puddingchan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 9:11:12 AM
SkittyOnWailord posted...
Puddingchan posted...

jakestar0306 posted...

How exactly can you redownload a physical game? What do you know that everyone else doesn't? :p

I don't want to pay double to redownload the game...
#9PictocheatPosted 2/11/2013 9:19:46 AM
About #2, you should be able to download the game onto two different SD cards (although it'd probably be quicker just to copy your SD card data to your sibling's and have them start a new game over your old file). Your sibling would have to play on your 3DS, though (or on someone else who already bought the game's 3DS).
---
U say U want a Revolution
Well, U know Wii all want to change the world
#10Puddingchan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 9:40:03 AM
Pictocheat posted...
About #2, you should be able to download the game onto two different SD cards (although it'd probably be quicker just to copy your SD card data to your sibling's and have them start a new game over your old file). Your sibling would have to play on your 3DS, though (or on someone else who already bought the game's 3DS).

That's fine, because my sibling's is too cheapskate to buy his own 3DS / 3DS XL. (I'm just kidding here.)

I like the 3D features and given that XL is the right size and at a pretty good price I am really looking forward to getting this device soon.