There is only one thing that would make me upgrade to an XL.

#1XavuuPosted 2/11/2013 9:08:44 AM
Does the screen scratch itself? I know for sure the original does. That's not to say they all do, but mine does. I've kind of just live with it, but if the XL doesn't do it, I want one.
---
Choice Band STAB surprise Quick Attack. Staraptor.
#2PuddingchanPosted 2/11/2013 9:13:35 AM
What with the worry about screen scratches?
Get some screen protectors....even if the protector is scratched the screen should be fine.
#3DogscratchPosted 2/11/2013 9:15:06 AM
Nope - has little feet on the top screen to keep the top screen from getting mashed into the bottom one.

One of the general selling points - even being super careful, my Zelda 3DS managed to get a couple scratches on the upper screen.
---
Machine meat and Blood in an intimate relationship
The new superior more effective then all the preceding
#4Xavuu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 9:22:50 AM
3D without the glasses. And this one doesn't scratch itself.
---
#5kissdadookiePosted 2/11/2013 9:24:19 AM
Dogscratch posted...
Nope - has little feet on the top screen to keep the top screen from getting mashed into the bottom one.

One of the general selling points - even being super careful, my Zelda 3DS managed to get a couple scratches on the upper screen.

It scratches itself all the same. The difference now is that due to the XL being so large, a lot less people are jamming the system into their pants pockets like they did with the regular sized 3DS. If anything, the original 3DS had more clearance between the two halves than the XL does.
#6Ghoul138Posted 2/11/2013 9:25:20 AM
Still happens, happened to my first XL, if you do get one just throw a screen protector on it
#7Xavuu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 9:25:24 AM
kissdadookie posted...
Dogscratch posted...

It scratches itself all the same. The difference now is that due to the XL being so large, a lot less people are jamming the system into their pants pockets like they did with the regular sized 3DS. If anything, the original 3DS had more clearance between the two halves than the XL does.

Oh well it was worth a shot.
---
#8Xavuu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 9:27:28 AM
So why isn't this a bigger issue? You would think there would be more complaints.
---
#9kissdadookiePosted 2/11/2013 9:34:15 AM
Xavuu posted...
So why isn't this a bigger issue? You would think there would be more complaints.

Again, due to the size of the XL, it's ending up in a LOT less pant pockets. It's the dust and debris that gets caught between the screen and the bottom half of the system combined with tight spaces pressing the two halves close to each other which causes scratching. Only real way to REALLY prevent this is to follow the following:

1) Make sure the pocket is impeccably clean and has nothing else in it.
2) Make sure that the pocket isn't a tight space for the system.

I mean, look at people whom have kept the system clean and then stuck a microfiber cloth in between the two halves. Far fewer of them have scratching screen issues. Why? Less space in between the two haves to have dirt trapped in between plus it's pretty darn hard for debris to move freely on a microfiber cloth. So when the system is in a tight space with a microfiber cloth in between the two halves, all it's every really going to do is rub against microfiber which unless you have debris on the cloth itself, it's going to be really hard for it to cause scratching.
#10MorgalagaPosted 2/11/2013 9:35:52 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]