I hope LoS will not go multi-plat

#11pokemon2pokerPosted 2/11/2013 11:38:10 AM
Razieru posted...
If anything TC, take this as a sign that the developers are smartening up and realizing the fact that the games they make for the 3DS look much better and can do much more on other systems; specifically the modern-built ones. Why do you think Resident Evil Revelations is just the first of many to take that leap?

Numbers
---
Suikoden 6 please.
People who agree: 7
#12kissdadookie(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 1:42:03 PM
Razieru posted...
If anything TC, take this as a sign that the developers are smartening up and realizing the fact that the games they make for the 3DS look much better and can do much more on other systems; specifically the modern-built ones. Why do you think Resident Evil Revelations is just the first of many to take that leap?

Personally, I don't find the graphical prowess to be the driving point for wanting to play some of these on the TV rather than on the 3DS if given the choice. I find it to have more to do with what the game expects from the gamer. LoS looks like a pretty involved game (20 hours!) and for such long play sessions, it's just simply far more comfortable to play that thing sitting in front of a TV on the TV. Same goes for RE: Revelations. These are essentially full on console experiences and fits TV play better than portable play. However, it would be nice if they don't surprise people like myself who goes out and buy games on release simply so that I wouldn't end up going "Awe man, I would have much rather played this thing on the TV instead of on this small screen!" Especially if it's on the Wii U where I get to play it in bed with the GamePad as well as play the thing in front of a TV on the TV.
#13Rurouni720Posted 2/11/2013 1:49:36 PM
pokemon2poker posted...
Razieru posted...
-snip-

Numbers

Too bad it ain't stopping developers for releasing much more 3DS games since it makes much too much sense for Japan not to ignore it. No matter how better looking games would be on modern consoles, i'm sure we'll continue to see more big 3DS exclusive games for the rest of it's cycle.
#14Ulyaoth74Posted 2/11/2013 1:55:48 PM
There is a topic in the LoS Mirror of Fate that says the developers are thinking about an HD release later on. I bet if it sells well they will release it for console, just like RE Revelations.
---
"Can you draw two M&Ms fighting with katanas?" -Me
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9606/mmfight.png -aDubiousNotion
#15kissdadookie(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 1:56:23 PM
Rurouni720 posted...
pokemon2poker posted...
Razieru posted...
-snip-

Numbers

Too bad it ain't stopping developers for releasing much more 3DS games since it makes much too much sense for Japan not to ignore it. No matter how better looking games would be on modern consoles, i'm sure we'll continue to see more big 3DS exclusive games for the rest of it's cycle.

Problem is, they are pretty much just big Nintendo published exclusives. The 3rd party support on the 3DS is sorely lacking I must say.
#16Rurouni720Posted 2/11/2013 2:13:41 PM
kissdadookie posted...
Rurouni720 posted...
pokemon2poker posted...
Razieru posted...
-snip-

Numbers

Problem is, they are pretty much just big Nintendo published exclusives. The 3rd party support on the 3DS is sorely lacking I must say.

1st party or 3rd party? Eh, i disagree. At least localization wise it's been getting pretty hot. Otherwise, the fact that third party sales (i think in Japan) on the 3DS were confirmed to have been doing better than the DS says a lot i believe. It is simply obvious that support will continue trucking one way or another.
#17moogle69Posted 2/11/2013 3:14:08 PM
kissdadookie posted...
Rurouni720 posted...
pokemon2poker posted...
Razieru posted...
-snip-

Numbers

how was this even possible for you to say?
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#18ferofaxPosted 2/11/2013 7:33:43 PM
Razieru posted...

Why so keen on taking titles from a handheld to a console? Of course any game is gonna look better on the console. That's pretty much common sense really, and you're making it sound like devs lack the common sense to see that fact. The challenge here is to try to make a console-quality game and put it on a handheld.

Also... "first of many". I've never heard of this "many" you're talking about. So far it's just Revelations. We... could stretch it to include TWEWY's HD iOS port, but it's handheld to mobile, so... Well, who are we kidding? There's NONE ELSE.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#19strongo9Posted 2/11/2013 7:52:54 PM
Mirror of Fate would not suit a console. The only thing I can see it getting ported to is the Vita.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#20Mariofan15Posted 2/11/2013 8:24:39 PM
I'm going to pick this up on the 3DS but if it goes multi-plat, it's going to be very annoying. Yes, I understand that I still get to play the game regardless but if it goes on PS360/Wii U, I would have much preferred to have held off so that I could play it on the TV or on the Wii U, I can essentially play it both on the TV and off the TV.

I kind of feel burned on RE: Revelations as that game was not as enjoyable IMHO on the small 3DS screen and would be much better on the Wii U.

And? It's getting ported,you know. Besides that,Revelations was just fine being on a handheld anyway.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924