Is Kid Icarus doable without the stand?

#31chex81Posted 2/12/2013 10:12:20 AM
from personal experience, i just couldnt play the game (without the stand). And im an adult with large hands, using an XL and tried all different control variations.
---
gt/psn: chex81
#32dominatinggamerPosted 2/12/2013 10:31:21 AM
When I had Kid Icarus it was very difficult (hard to control) with or without the stand. It did seem like a cool game but the controls did turn me away.
---
With friends like you, who needs enemies?
#33Banjo2553Posted 2/12/2013 10:39:10 AM
Yep, it's pretty possible. I do it all the time.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#34NettoSaitoPosted 2/12/2013 11:33:06 AM
I never actually used the stand lol, just for about 5 minutes when I first got it.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | Nintendo Network - [NettoSaito]
Netto's Game Room - http://nettosgameroom.blogspot.com/
#35TeremeiPosted 2/12/2013 2:04:41 PM
I thought you said double without the stand. I thought, double what? Double the trouble? Double the cost? Doublemint gum.
---
B2FC: 3268 4276 3305 last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing:
#36OoSubaruoOPosted 2/12/2013 2:16:14 PM
2wingedangel posted...
emagdnE posted...
here's an idea: don't play the abomination

Yeah, Adventure Time is terrible tbqh.

Stop quoting a troll please.
#37IAznDragonI YanPosted 2/12/2013 2:37:02 PM
I thought you said double without the stand. I thought, double what? Double the trouble? Double the cost? Doublemint gum.

he meant this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4DzA2oHS74
---
X: X... you called me X... is that my name?
Dr. Light: That's right. It's a variable. It represents unlimited potential.
#38trenton97Posted 2/12/2013 3:11:01 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
2wingedangel posted...
emagdnE posted...
here's an idea: don't play the abomination

Yeah, Adventure Time is terrible tbqh.

Stop quoting a troll please.

Adventure Time rocks your world, admit it.
---
After I finish life the first time, I'm doing a challenge run.
LttP>everything else.
#39SoaringDivePosted 2/12/2013 3:22:02 PM
The stand shouldn't have even came with the game. It's unnecessary, the game controls perfectly without it.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#40CmaBoyPosted 2/12/2013 4:22:07 PM
SoaringDive posted...
The stand shouldn't have even came with the game. It's unnecessary, the game controls perfectly without it.

It's kind of funny. Halfway through a game's development, people somehow manage to hurt themselves playing it wrong, so they bundle it with something to hopefully make it more foolproof. Instead, even more fools use the thing's existence to blame the game for their own incompetence.

Reminds me of how people were somehow throwing their Wii Remotes through their TV's, so they came with wrist straps and multiple warning screens on every game to put them on. Then people were still doing it, so they had to make thicker wrist straps and rubber sleeves for the remotes. To anyone with motor skills and common sense, these are completely unnecessary and only get in the way when the problem could simply be solved by, for example, not forcefully pitching your imaginary bowling ball across the room any time you play Wii Sports.

Instead, you now have the few people that still find ways to hurt themselves and others despite many hardware foolproofings and software warnings about using these accessories, watching your surroundings, taking breaks every now and then, etc., and still blame their games for "needing" all of these...and you have the people who don't need these things, and just have to deal with all the warning screens for and whining from the first group.

But hey, it's video games I guess. You can never truly silence the vocal minority of any unpleasable fanbase.
---
Brasparo: 4167-4596-2791
Cannon Leader of the Kid Icarus Uprising League (PM for a match)