EU 3DS owner already busting a nut over region lock..

#1MotleyKhonPosted 2/12/2013 6:53:18 AM
SO WTF!!!!!??1

You all get Fire emblem atleast 2 MONTHS before us.
Well, ATLEAST we're getting it,even if it is late....
God only knows how many awesome games won't make it to our shores... I went crazy importing for the original ds....
Seriously the region lock is stupid, the DS didnt have region lock and that sold just fine.

Europe always gets dicked on when region lock comes into play, and I am IRATE that nintendo seem to think that our money isn't good enough..
---
Arms installation is complete.... Good Luck.
#2HurricaneManningPosted 2/12/2013 6:57:32 AM
I'll trade you two months of Fire Emblem for affordable and available Xenoblade.

Deal?
---
Suck for Luck watch: SUCCESS
BOILER UP!
#3JweinikkomPosted 2/12/2013 6:59:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4JweinikkomPosted 2/12/2013 7:00:51 AM
HurricaneManning posted...
I'll trade you two months of Fire Emblem for affordable and available Xenoblade.

Deal?

This
#5Cloudzer00Posted 2/12/2013 7:16:10 AM
Import a US 3DS.
Problem solved.
#6DeathSoul2000Posted 2/12/2013 7:17:13 AM
tell the eu guy to get over himself.
#7chaomaster4000Posted 2/12/2013 7:24:56 AM(edited)
In all seriousness, for future consoles it may well be worth importing an NTSC version and buying NTSC games. NoE may have had that good spell with the Rainfall Three, but that's been rather reversed as we still don't have a release date for Kirby's Dream Collection (so it's unlikely we'll get that at all) and there's rarely any benefit to getting PAL copies other than ease.

If I kept up with modern gaming I would do the same, but for the few titles I get for 3DS (due to monetary constraints) it's not worth the import. Around half of my retro consoles are NTSC though (but for those consoles it's a matter of playing the game at the correct speed).
---
"Hey! Where's MY alien donkey?"
#8temgunPosted 2/12/2013 7:31:22 AM
Region lock is here to stay and there's nothing you can do about it. How are you not used to it already? Nintendo still thinks most TVs still support only 50Hz, so saying anything sensible to them is doing absolutely nothing. It's quite funny really, even my 1990 TV had a support for 60Hz and I've never actually seen or know anyone who has ever owned a TV that supports only 50Hz. Now that HDTVs are a standard, it's even more ridiculous, since the whole PAL thing only concerned SDTVs.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#9AceGamer11xPosted 2/12/2013 8:02:08 AM
Jweinikkom posted...
HurricaneManning posted...

Deal?

This

---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3h8jsOXxH1r7exsgo1_400.gif
#10iammaxhailmePosted 2/12/2013 8:23:55 AM
I'll trade two months of Fire Emblem for having cheap & easy to buy copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax