How do GB/GBC/NES etc. games look on the 3DS XL?

#1syaoran-kunPosted 2/12/2013 6:27:21 AM
Quite curious as I'm using my regular 3DS as a gatherpoint for all my old handheld games (easy to just carry one handheld around xd). Been thinking about upgrading to XL for bigger screen for 3DS games, but worried about how the older games will look...
---
WiiU/PSN: Kuro-puppy
YT Playlists: http://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaSyao/featured
#290sRetroGamingPosted 2/12/2013 6:53:11 AM
They all look just fine on mine :). GBA games are a bit dark due to them not having the back-lit option availible :(. otherwise all good over here! :).
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#3GuitarJozzPosted 2/14/2013 5:28:49 AM
How do you play the older games like that on a 3ds? Are they downloadable through the e-shop? I am just curious, as I have a 3ds xl coming either today or tomorrow(ups is slow with deliveries here, darn it) and being able to play some older gba/gbc games would help pass the time until I get the 3ds games I also ordered in next week.
#4illusivedudePosted 2/14/2013 6:09:50 AM(edited)
They look better on the XL to me. (I have both in my house)

The VC games look slightly crisper on the original, but because the XL's screens are so big, you can see soooo much more of the tiny details, and keep track of the action onscreen better. I honestly can't go back to the original after playing them on the XL. And I almost did with the FE:A bundle, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it thanks (in large part) to how good the VC games look on the XL to me.

Hope this helps! :)

EDIT:

Oh, and GuitarJozz, you can purchase them off of the 3DS' eShop for a few bucks a piece. (The eShop is essentially Nintendo's version of the XBL Marketplace or PSN Store.)
---
Jesus Christ is my personal Lord and Savior.
Is it really that difficult for us to just put aside our differences and get along?
#5syaoran-kun(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 10:49:47 PM
Thanks for the info guys, Awakening XL Bundle in April it is then! ^^
---
WiiU/PSN: Kuro-puppy
YT Playlists: http://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaSyao/featured
#6Puzzles99Posted 2/14/2013 11:03:13 PM
Another bonus to playing them on the XL, you can hold start/select for the cool Game Boy border and not have the game be microscopic any more.
#7RazieruPosted 2/14/2013 11:08:58 PM
Blurry.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#8rizsparkyPosted 2/14/2013 11:17:36 PM
Puzzles99 posted...
Another bonus to playing them on the XL, you can hold start/select for the cool Game Boy border and not have the game be microscopic any more.

You mean the original resolution lol? But yeah I agree 100% better on the XL
---
3DS FC: 4597-0164-7987