About the Shin Megami Tensei games.

#1MishimaBloodPosted 2/12/2013 7:53:36 AM
I really REAAALLYY like the games story and characters, but its a shame IMO that the fighting system is not as enjoying. I mean, watching only the enemy monsters and not yours, not being able to watch any animations during the battles.. I dont like that. Im talking about the Devil Survivor games cause they re the only ones I played so far. I saw that theres a SMT 4 and a crossover with Fire Emblem, so my question is, Are they gonna be like the Devil Survivor games?
---
Not removing this until I see DMC5 announced
#2BlueBombei2Posted 2/12/2013 7:56:42 AM
Really? The first person combat is the least of my issues with the SMT series. If you miss High School play the Persona series.
#3MeganTheMooCowPosted 2/12/2013 8:00:12 AM
I don't think SMT IV will be grid based SRPG like Devil Survivor. SMT x FE probably will be though.

SMT IV seems like it will be a more traditional RPG (3rd person exploration and 1st person battles).
---
Someone please teach me how to play LoL T.T
PM for summoner name :(
#4T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 2/12/2013 8:05:31 AM(edited)
MeganTheMooCow posted...
I don't think SMT IV will be grid based SRPG like Devil Survivor. SMT x FE probably will be though.

SMT IV seems like it will be a more traditional RPG (3rd person exploration and 1st person battles).

SMT III (Nocturne) for the PS2 doesn't have first person battles, why would they use them in IV?
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
NNID: CodenameGreyFox
#5MeganTheMooCowPosted 2/12/2013 8:08:57 AM
Strange Journey (the mainline SMT game after Nocturne) used first person battles and the trailer for SMT IV shows first person battles....So it's pretty much confirmed...
---
Someone please teach me how to play LoL T.T
PM for summoner name :(
#6T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 2/12/2013 8:10:45 AM
Oh, I missed that trailer. Sucks then.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
NNID: CodenameGreyFox
#7MishimaBlood(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 8:12:09 AM
BlueBombei2 posted...
Really? The first person combat is the least of my issues with the SMT series. If you miss High School play the Persona series.

Yeah, id love to see combat like persona..
---
Not removing this until I see DMC5 announced
#8deimos91Posted 2/12/2013 12:55:45 PM
MishimaBlood posted...
BlueBombei2 posted...

go you pleb
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#9MetalLokiPosted 2/12/2013 1:35:03 PM
MishimaBlood posted...
BlueBombei2 posted...

Then go play persona, when 5/6 of the main games have 1st person battles you shouldn't expect otherwise. Also it's main SMT X FE not just SMTIV.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board and
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem board.
#10MetalLokiPosted 2/12/2013 1:37:46 PM
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
Oh, I missed that trailer. Sucks then.

100% sure 16 character models attacking in a tbrpg would take a while.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board and
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem board.