Is the WiiU considered a portable console?

#11jedinatPosted 2/13/2013 12:56:39 AM
It's not. I suppose in a sense you could argue the controller is a portable console, but it isn't either simply because it's an accessory to the Wii U. You can't point at the controller and say "This is the Wii U"... because the Wii U is that thing next to the TV.

So no. Just no.
#12DanspurtPosted 2/13/2013 1:50:41 AM
tallgeeseIV posted...
Halectic posted...
You "could" technically store the WiiU in a backpack, plug in some place and use the gamepad

like this guy?
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/wii_u_can_be_used_as_a_portable_home_console

I want to try that once I get one. Not regularly, but at least when I'm transporting the console by train.
---
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never really know how accurate they actually are" - Abraham Lincoln
#13Kaze_MemaryuPosted 2/13/2013 2:55:26 AM
iammaxhailme posted...
...Who would possibly thing that the Wii U is a portable?

I seriously expected the WiiU Gamepad to have it's own flash memory for playing outside... and it hurts that this never happened.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#14DanspurtPosted 2/13/2013 3:50:16 AM
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
iammaxhailme posted...
...Who would possibly thing that the Wii U is a portable?

I seriously expected the WiiU Gamepad to have it's own flash memory for playing outside... and it hurts that this never happened.

Seriously?

Just a flash memory wouldn't help with that.
---
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never really know how accurate they actually are" - Abraham Lincoln