Is that PSN clone thing still happening?

#11ceedofevilPosted 2/12/2013 10:57:54 AM
Leroy160 posted...
Kilroy84 posted...
Ease up, people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Network

Not everything is fully implemented yet, such as (easily) transferring games to another system. Purchases are still tied to the actual system, so no, "PSN"-style accounts aren't set up yet. However, in the event of a broken/lost system, calling Nintendo to transfer your purchases over remotely is an option, so you're not completely out of luck (regarding the 3DS, I think you need to have your system's serial number on you, which is on the back of the system).

Wait they can transfer your purchases remotely? My 3DS recently died on me, you're saying that if I have another 3DS on me I can call them up to let me transfer my stuff without turning on my broken 3DS? I ask this because last time I called they told me there is no way of doing this unless both 3DS's are on and working.

Only if you have a club Nintendo account.
---
An apology for the devil: It must be remembered that we have only heard one side of the case. God has written all the books.
-George Herbert
#12NettoSaitoPosted 2/12/2013 11:32:05 AM
It launched months ago... Just not the 3DS end.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | Nintendo Network - [NettoSaito]
Netto's Game Room - http://nettosgameroom.blogspot.com/
#13darkus_fPosted 2/12/2013 11:37:45 AM
Lol at the drones getting their manginas shaken.
Unfortunately Nintendo is still using the old purchases tied to the console/handheld system. I reeeeaally hope that an update fixes this. :/
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PSN: darkus_f
PWB Fav5: Punk, Cesaro, Ziggler, Reigns, Orton
#14shampoowarriorPosted 2/12/2013 11:38:07 AM
As a heads up, TC, there is really nothing to guarantee you will ever be able to transfer your games to a new system via the Nintendo Network.

The Wii U locks the Nintendo Network account and games to one console, no different than the current 3DS system, and AFAIK there have been no announced plans to ever change that. Any idea the NN would be comparable to PSN was just speculation and assumption.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#15Zanimar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 12:06:53 PM
He's considered a troll because he said Nintendo was going to copy Sony with something. You know how the fanboys are. Everything Nintendo does is original and not an imitation of anyone's work blah blah blah, pinnacle of innovation, blah, blah, blah.

Actually I wasn't implying Nintendo was copying anything. :(

I was just using the term "psn clone" as what I figured would be a simple enough thing to get across the basic concept of the system I was referring to, which worked in a similar fashion to how PSN works. It may have other stuff, but the basic part of it was being able to have games linked to an account so as to no longer need to use the limited number of 3DS to 3DS transfers given.

As a heads up, TC, there is really nothing to guarantee you will ever be able to transfer your games to a new system via the Nintendo Network.

The Wii U locks the Nintendo Network account and games to one console, no different than the current 3DS system, and AFAIK there have been no announced plans to ever change that. Any idea the NN would be comparable to PSN was just speculation and assumption.

Yeah, I read that on the Wiki. Hmm, I'm wondering how Nintendo would plan to handle those who eventually use up the 5 transfers allowed and want to transfer to a new 3DS for one reason or another. :(
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fx4HYOunLc&feature=plcp
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#16PirateSwordsmanPosted 2/12/2013 12:21:48 PM
''Think this ham sandwich would be better if I toast the bread first?''

''TROLL!''
---
~On How To Close Topics - In Memory of callingjaguar~
callingjaguar:
tell me how to take it off or i will c*m on you
#17jakestar0306Posted 2/12/2013 3:38:23 PM
Don't call Nintendo's online services "a PSN clone" if you don't want to be called a troll.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#18Zanimar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 4:01:01 PM
Don't call Nintendo's online services "a PSN clone" if you don't want to be called a troll.

Then how should I be able to convey my meaning of a certain feature or system if not by calling it a "clone" of a past system or feature that works in a similar fashion while using the fewest words possible and not ending up having to explain the entirety of how it works and what it does just to make sure people know what I'm talking about? :(
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fx4HYOunLc&feature=plcp
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#19jakestar0306Posted 2/12/2013 4:05:03 PM
Calling it a clone implies that you think Nintendo ripped off Sony. If you want to get your meaning across (assuming you aren't a troll), just saying something like "Nintendo's online service similar to Sony's in the sense that... etc."
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#20LORD_LMAOPosted 2/12/2013 4:05:55 PM
alot of oversensitive nintendo fans in here today. the guy was just asking a simple question and u guys couldnt handle it LMAO
---
"garfield64 has long beautiful hair that any sane woman would kill to have"