Is that PSN clone thing still happening?

#21laxnd23Posted 2/12/2013 4:07:49 PM
Wow you don't usually see people so wound up here. It's called Nintendo Network and it's already here, albeit partially. The rest is announced but we don't know when it'll come.

And it's not fair to say it's a PSN clone. It's very similar to XBL, except free.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#22ferofaxPosted 2/12/2013 7:10:08 PM
I see a lot of people arguing over some feature that was NEVER confirmed for Nintendo Network, only rumored about.

Also, PSN clone, lol. On a Nintendo board, no less.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#23SilverWingZetaPosted 2/12/2013 7:19:53 PM
geez this board is full of children freaking out over nothing, not everyone leaves breaths and eats Nintendo. Cut TC a break, I didn't even know Nintendo was going to try to move away from system based accounts, figured they were still using that half assed system just re-branded.
---
Sometimes I just watch the boards burn
http://thewindyloung.blogspot.com/ (new review Persona 4 Golden)
#24Tzuba12Posted 2/12/2013 7:26:15 PM(edited)
I think the problem was TC called it a "psn clone" when Sony is not the only company who does this.. at least thats what I thought.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#25lunchEATSyouPosted 2/12/2013 7:35:41 PM
If anything, PSN is a clone of Xbox Live
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#26Zanimar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 10:30:22 PM
Well PSN was the first thing that came to mind since I play a PSP as much as my 3DS and so it's more readily available to my mind than say Steam or Xbox Live. :(
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fx4HYOunLc&feature=plcp
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#27Arsene-LupinPosted 2/13/2013 3:22:55 AM
As a heads up, TC, there is really nothing to guarantee you will ever be able to transfer your games to a new system via the Nintendo Network.

The Wii U locks the Nintendo Network account and games to one console, no different than the current 3DS system, and AFAIK there have been no announced plans to ever change that. Any idea the NN would be comparable to PSN was just speculation and assumption.

My understanding is that the Wii U only has a preliminary version of the Nintendo Network--the NN isn't fully up and running yet on any platform, but once it is, it should function just like the PSN, Steam, or any other digital distribution service.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."