Code of Princess was much more than I expected

#1IamPeanutButterPosted 2/12/2013 9:39:14 AM
The character dialogues are OUTRAGEOUS. I've never chuckled so many times while playing through a videogame. Did everyone else share this same experience? Enjoyed the same laughter?

#2hyper kobun dashPosted 2/12/2013 9:45:26 AM(edited)
Yes. Zozo had a few moments, but I really cracked up with Emble and Semble.

My favorite character by far is Baku Juppongi:

"Slander and nonsense. How dare you spread such taint?"
---
"If the PS3 is Casablanca and the 360 is The Godfather, the wii would be Pluto Nash." - StilI_Kirbyfan9
#3Justice98405Posted 2/12/2013 9:45:13 AM
I fully agree. I decided to buy the game for it's release, it looked cool and I had money for it, so I bought it online (didn't get it in my small town), and I was pleasantly surprised by it. I didn't expect it to be bad mind you, but I didn't think it would be as damn funny as it was.
The characters and dialogue and voices are GREAT.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#4IamPeanutButter(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 10:45:51 AM
My favorite character by far is Baku Juppongi

Yes, very much agreed! His arrogance and dramatic commentaries are easily my two favorite things about him. Remember the scene where he confesses he was in love? Epic! Also, let us not forget the bard and his inventory of eccentric behaviors.

I bought it online (didn't get it in my small town)

Same thing here. Finding a physical copy was nearly impossible. I noticed our local GameStop had only one copy available, but knowing GameStop and their usual tendencies to offer items BRAND NEW, I had to resist.

I didn't think it would be as damn funny as it was.

My thoughts exactly.

#5aak57Posted 2/12/2013 11:37:48 AM
The Monty Python sketch at the inn was fantastic. I also loved everyone saying "FINAL BATTLE" at the end. Was so damn cheesy it was amazing.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#6adampeltzPosted 2/12/2013 11:44:12 AM
I'm really not enjoying it. The framerate is poor and the enemies have poor AI. I literally watched one walk the wrong direction into a wall for 2 minutes laughing at the poor logic.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#7IamPeanutButter(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 1:11:09 PM
I'm really not enjoying it. The framerate is poor and the enemies have poor AI. I literally watched one walk the wrong direction into a wall for 2 minutes

I honestly can't argue, the framerate is pretty depressing, but it is a good Beat 'em up game. Really enjoyed the added RPG elements. Also, seems beat 'em ups are somewhat rare nowadays. Best to enjoy the titles we do have, I think.

More importantly, the dialogues are cleverly written. A definite highlight in my opinion.

#8adampeltzPosted 2/12/2013 4:27:25 PM
IamPeanutButter posted...
I'm really not enjoying it. The framerate is poor and the enemies have poor AI. I literally watched one walk the wrong direction into a wall for 2 minutes

I honestly can't argue, the framerate is pretty depressing, but it is a good Beat 'em up game. Really enjoyed the added RPG elements. Also, seems beat 'em ups are somewhat rare nowadays. Best to enjoy the titles we do have, I think.

More importantly, the dialogues are cleverly written. A definite highlight in my opinion.

Have you tried Guardian Heroes on XBLA? That is a great game which does everything better than Code of Princess.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#9IamPeanutButter(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 6:39:51 PM
Have you tried Guardian Heroes on XBLA? That is a great game which does everything better than Code of Princess.

I don't disagree, and I've only seen positive reviews about Guardian Heroes. Unfortunately, I do not own an Xbox.

#10MrKunioPosted 2/12/2013 6:43:19 PM
IamPeanutButter posted...

I don't disagree, and I've only seen positive reviews about Guardian Heroes. Unfortunately, I do not own an Xbox.

XD I used to play GH on Saturn. Very cool game.
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475