Pokemon question, help.

#1EvonfirePosted 2/12/2013 9:47:17 AM
Hey guys. My question is one that probley gets asked quite often here on GameFAQS. And that is, if I was a fan of pokemon blue, red, and yellow, but missed out on Heartgold and all the other ones. Would it be okay to jump right into Pokemon White 1, and than after that Pokemon Black 2. I only have so much time and money, and with X/Y coming out I was considering just waiting until then to jump back into pokemon but I dunno. Im kind of worried I wont like the games as much as I use to.

But would pokemon white be a good start? Any opinions/thoughts are highly appreciated.
---
I'm a 10+ year GameFaqs lurker. Friend Code: 3668-7314-6427.
#2temgunPosted 2/12/2013 9:50:19 AM
Every Pokemon game is a good place to start. It's definitely okay to jump straight to BW and from there BW2.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#3Magikoopa21Posted 2/12/2013 9:57:39 AM
First of all, if you ever decide to play them, play White and then White 2, or Black and then Black 2. They're designed to be played with the same color, because otherwise you'll end up with the same legendary twice. Next, I personally suggest just playing Black 2 now, and going back and playing the others if you have time. You might be a little confused by the story, but really it improves on Black 1 in every way and is such a great game. Another game you should consider is Soulsilver/Heartgold. Those are equally great, and a good starting place in my opinion, although a little harder than other Pokemon games. (Use Marriland's walkthrough on his site, it's awesome) Overall, I think you should take a chance on one of them and see how it goes, because it's such a great series and the main reason people stop playing is because they think it's for babies, when it's not at all.
#4Evonfire(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 10:03:06 AM
Thank you guys I'm 27 and still dig pokemon games :) At least I think I do, I'll get back to you on that after I play B/W.
---
I'm a 10+ year GameFaqs lurker. Friend Code: 3668-7314-6427.
#5temgunPosted 2/12/2013 10:04:48 AM
Magikoopa21 posted...
First of all, if you ever decide to play them, play White and then White 2, or Black and then Black 2. They're designed to be played with the same color, because otherwise you'll end up with the same legendary twice.

It really doesn't matter if you play White and then Black 2. Sure, you get the same legendary, but if you don't mind, then do it. The story is forgettable as always anyway and the only difference is that N has one different Pokemon, big deal. It's not like you play Pokemon for their silly stories anyway.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#6ares9090Posted 2/12/2013 10:07:09 AM
Magikoopa21 posted...
First of all, if you ever decide to play them, play White and then White 2, or Black and then Black 2. They're designed to be played with the same color, because otherwise you'll end up with the same legendary twice. Next, I personally suggest just playing Black 2 now, and going back and playing the others if you have time. You might be a little confused by the story, but really it improves on Black 1 in every way and is such a great game. Another game you should consider is Soulsilver/Heartgold. Those are equally great, and a good starting place in my opinion, although a little harder than other Pokemon games. (Use Marriland's walkthrough on his site, it's awesome) Overall, I think you should take a chance on one of them and see how it goes, because it's such a great series and the main reason people stop playing is because they think it's for babies, when it's not at all.

But... But...

WE ENDED WITH THE SAME LEGENDARI(ES) TWICE!!!

*Checks his Black and Black 2 games PC boxes and finds: Kyurem, Terrakion, Cobalion and Virizion*
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#7ares9090Posted 2/12/2013 10:09:47 AM
temgun posted...
Magikoopa21 posted...
First of all, if you ever decide to play them, play White and then White 2, or Black and then Black 2. They're designed to be played with the same color, because otherwise you'll end up with the same legendary twice.

It really doesn't matter if you play White and then Black 2. Sure, you get the same legendary, but if you don't mind, then do it. The story is forgettable as always anyway and the only difference is that N has one different Pokemon, big deal. It's not like you play Pokemon for their silly stories anyway.

lol, go home temgun, just go home...
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#8temgunPosted 2/12/2013 10:19:35 AM
ares9090 posted...
temgun posted...
Magikoopa21 posted...

lol, go home temgun, just go home...

Lolwat? What did I do to piss you off?
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#9Magikoopa21Posted 2/12/2013 11:29:56 AM
ares9090 posted...
Magikoopa21 posted...

But... But...

WE ENDED WITH THE SAME LEGENDARI(ES) TWICE!!!

*Checks his Black and Black 2 games PC boxes and finds: Kyurem, Terrakion, Cobalion and Virizion*

You're not understanding my point. My point is not that you will have to catch the same Pokemon twice, it's that if you buy opposite colors you miss out on one of the two legendaries. Again it's not a big deal but I feel like most people would like Zekrom AND Reshiram instead of two Zekroms.
#10SMASHKING84Posted 2/12/2013 12:17:53 PM
Get hg/ss and black 2 your not really missing much if you skip black 1 they recap the plot of that game in black 2. and the plot was really the only reason people like it.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GODCCAOyCCs CRYAMORE FTW