3DS vs 3DS XL

#11gldooriiPosted 2/12/2013 12:09:34 PM
jakestar0306 posted...
An oversized "portable" console with worse graphics that costs more? Count me in!

Oddly, as sarcastic as it is, it's actually true.

I recently bought both the 3DS and XL on sale knowing I'd return one, but I wanted to test them out back and forth at home. The 3DS felt so much more portable, had a sharper and brighter screen and better audio.. But, I kept going back to the XL because it felt more comfortable in my hands and I liked having a larger screen. After playing the XL for a good 30mins or so I stopped really caring about the resolution being worse and the brightness and audio was fine and just enjoyed the games. I didn't mind it at all. BUT, when I picked up the 3DS right afterwards I could easily tell the difference and couldnt understand why I'd even want to play the XL. And of course, when I went back to the XL I was like "hey this isnt so bad it feels nicer and the screen is large", so I'm still kinda torn.

Knowing this, the choice is easily dependent on which size screen is best for you. If you've owned a 3DS before, then it's probably an easier choice and you'd upgrade to the XL's size, but if it's your first 3DS, then I think it totally depends on the size and how you'll carry it around.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#12dominatinggamer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 2:31:26 PM
gldoorii posted...
jakestar0306 posted...
An oversized "portable" console with worse graphics that costs more? Count me in!

Oddly, as sarcastic as it is, it's actually true.

I recently bought both the 3DS and XL on sale knowing I'd return one, but I wanted to test them out back and forth at home. The 3DS felt so much more portable, had a sharper and brighter screen and better audio.. But, I kept going back to the XL because it felt more comfortable in my hands and I liked having a larger screen. After playing the XL for a good 30mins or so I stopped really caring about the resolution being worse and the brightness and audio was fine and just enjoyed the games. I didn't mind it at all. BUT, when I picked up the 3DS right afterwards I could easily tell the difference and couldnt understand why I'd even want to play the XL. And of course, when I went back to the XL I was like "hey this isnt so bad it feels nicer and the screen is large", so I'm still kinda torn.

Knowing this, the choice is easily dependent on which size screen is best for you. If you've owned a 3DS before, then it's probably an easier choice and you'd upgrade to the XL's size, but if it's your first 3DS, then I think it totally depends on the size and how you'll carry it around.

So ignorance is bliss?
What mamma don't know won't hurt her?
The grass is always greener...?
;)
---
With friends like you, who needs enemies?