Did Reggie constraint copies of Fire Emblem: Awakening to push eShop sales?

#21badboyPosted 2/13/2013 7:39:22 AM
It's obvious.
#22OoSubaruoOPosted 2/13/2013 7:48:05 AM
MrVanimal posted...
Yes. 1st off GameStop stopped taking pre-orders. Then Nintendo who never has had "shipping issues" for any big titles magically has them. Then their official answer to the shipping delay is "We are sorry, but just to let you know, you can download off our Eshop!" Anybody who thinks differently is naive and doesn't understand how business works.

Yeah, Ok, we're the naive ones.
#23KogaSteelfangPosted 2/13/2013 7:52:04 AM
Marsford posted...
Can't really know. Similar situation happened with Pokemon Conquest and that wasn't available digitally. But then again, I'm sure the shortage has really pushed eShop sales.

I guess I'm just lucky then.
All the games that have shortages, or people complain about being sold out everywhere are nearly always available to me.

Pokemon Conquest had tons of copies on the shelf when I bought my copy a few days after release.
I saw FE: A sitting on the shelf at walmart about 3 days after release.
Also, Skyward Sword was supposedly sold out/all pre-ordered, but my local gamestop had extra copies available on release day, There was a line of people all asking if it was available, and we all got copies. I got the 2nd to last copy with the Gold Wii Remote.

I suppose being in a small town filled with old fogies who hate gaming has a few perks.
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.
#24JobocanPosted 2/13/2013 9:58:20 AM
ARsignal11 posted...
For the umpteenth time, it's simply a nationwide shipping delay/error.

I kinda have trouble believing that, because here in Canada not only did EBgames get the game over a week early, they even sold it a week early.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#25kylemcauliffe15Posted 2/13/2013 10:11:37 AM
I think they greatly underestimated demand.
---
PSN: Gasshu-kun
The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. - Salvador Dali
#26SuperShadowAcePosted 2/13/2013 10:41:46 AM
kylemcauliffe15 posted...
I think they greatly underestimated demand.

Same with Animal Crossing. It's at 2.6 million in Japan alone.
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.
#27McMarblesPosted 2/13/2013 11:50:34 AM
He probably planned the blizzard in the Northeast too!

*rolls eyes*
---
Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.