C/D-Nintendo's more "niche," franchises are better then the main ones lately.

#11EvilSock1990Posted 2/12/2013 11:34:11 PM
Super_Chelsea posted...
TAoR posted...
I hope you aren't implying that Twilight Princess was anything other then a bland forgettable game

It was a million times better than Skyward Sword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
#12Solid_SOAPPosted 2/12/2013 11:40:18 PM
Agreed. I still love Zelda, but everything has been rather bland and samey. I loved Kid Icarus and Donkey Kong Country Returns recently, but nothing else has truly floored me. I want to get Fire Emblem in hopes it'll give me the same effect those games did, though I fear it might be a bit too difficult/different than what I'm used to. I'd love to try it out however.

Unfortunately, Mario has been really samey since NSMB (Bar the excellent Galaxy titles), Kirby's Wii games were good but nothing TOO special. That said, Epic Yarn was wonderfully charming and RtDL was fun, just nothing groundbreaking. Donkey Kong Country Returns and Kid Icarus Uprising are masters of their class, however. Great reboots of classic franchises that not only pay homage to their roots, they best them. Returns is easily the best DK game out, period, and Kid Icarus Uprising is straight up fantastic. Not only being a fantastic campaign, there's so much to come back to after you've beaten the game it's ridiculous. All the side activities, difficulties, weapon building, etc, is just so fun and full of depth. That's not even to say its fantastic story, characters, voice acting, and music. I probably will be playing this for a while.
#13Bancario51Posted 2/12/2013 11:42:47 PM
Is Luigi's Mansion considered "niche"?
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#14LinkMaster2703Posted 2/13/2013 12:03:07 AM(edited)
Super_Chelsea posted...
TAoR posted...
I hope you aren't implying that Twilight Princess was anything other then a bland forgettable game

Not even close. As far as 3D Zelda games go, Twilight Princess is easily the worst. Skyward Sword is much better than people let on.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/C_Dalke
#15Solid_SOAPPosted 2/13/2013 12:41:46 AM
Bancario51 posted...
Is Luigi's Mansion considered "niche"?

The original sold pretty poorly and its gameplay concept isn't exactly mainstream, so I'd say so.
#16SMASHKING84Posted 2/13/2013 1:05:20 AM(edited)
jedinat posted...
Ame_no_Murakumo posted...
I still think Zelda is great,

Zelda is great of course. But it has been 6 years since we got a good one.

this
Super_Chelsea posted...
and this as well.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GODCCAOyCCs CRYAMORE FTW
#17SMASHKING84Posted 2/13/2013 1:16:09 AM
LinkMaster2703 posted...
Super_Chelsea posted...
TAoR posted...

Not even close. As far as 3D Zelda games go, Twilight Princess is easily the worst. Skyward Sword is much better than people let on.

Skyward sword 1.terrible save system
2.no warp system in the sky.
3.motion controls were so bad i've seen wii games that didn't use wmp do them better.
4.the same plot as always plus girahim was a more homosexual version of zant (as in he was high jacked by ganon aka demise)
5.the over world is worse then both win waker and tp's
6.the only time you EVER have any challenge in this game is if your fighting the controls
7.fighting two bosses 4 f***ing times
(ghirahim and imprison aka demise

The only reason people like it is they wanted to like it aka the placebo effect.
---
#18panicbxmbPosted 2/13/2013 1:23:14 AM
jedinat posted...
Ame_no_Murakumo posted...
I still think Zelda is great,

Zelda is great of course. But it has been 6 years since we got a good one.

But that can't be right. Skyward Sword came out less than 2 years ago :)
#19panicbxmbPosted 2/13/2013 1:29:30 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
LinkMaster2703 posted...
Super_Chelsea posted...
TAoR posted...

3.motion controls were so bad i've seen wii games that didn't use wmp do them better.
4.the same plot as always plus girahim was a more homosexual version of zant (as in he was high jacked by ganon aka demise)
6.the only time you EVER have any challenge in this game is if your fighting the controls

The only reason people like it is they wanted to like it aka the placebo effect.

These control issues you had... I never had any of them. Did you know you can recalibrate the Motion+ on the fly, using the d pad?

Honestly, with the combined controls, graphics, dungeons, story, music, bosses, and world in general, Skyward Sword is easily one of my favorites. Link to the Past and Wind Waker will always be my tops, but SS still has a special place along with Majora's Mask, Links Awakening, and the origins LoZ for me. I loooooved it.
#20SMASHKING84Posted 2/13/2013 1:32:34 AM
panicbxmb posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
LinkMaster2703 posted...
Super_Chelsea posted...
TAoR posted...

These control issues you had... I never had any of them. Did you know you can recalibrate the Motion+ on the fly, using the d pad?

Honestly, with the combined controls, graphics, dungeons, story, music, bosses, and world in general, Skyward Sword is easily one of my favorites. Link to the Past and Wind Waker will always be my tops, but SS still has a special place along with Majora's Mask, Links Awakening, and the origins LoZ for me. I loooooved it.

i had to recalibrate every 15 minutes.
---