Nintendo really stop with the easy childish games

#31TehTrumpCardPosted 2/13/2013 7:30:18 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
legendarylemur posted...
MATADOR480 posted...
FurryPhilosifer posted...
Ugh these Kid Icarus controls take about half an hour to learn I give up they're too hard.

Kid Icarus's controls aren't hard to learn, they're just TERRIBLE!

If they are terrible, there shouldn't be empirical evidence that skill gaps exist between people that have mastered the controls and haven't mastered the controls. Oh wait a minute, I think I can kill you 3 times without you touching me once.

Also, the OP is genius

by this logic no game ever has bad controls.

I guarantee you that they're people that get so used the controls in bart's nightmare that they mastered them.

I don't think the controls are terrible just they needed more polish.
But acting like different skill levels equals good controls is silly.

If i played a game were you had operate 8 controllers at the same time unless your a f***ing octopus that's terrible controls.

The game gives you two whole easy chapter to get your act in order. The controls aren't difficult to learn or put into use, but it's having decent weapons for the story missions that makes it somewhat challenging.

It's actually not people's mastery of the controls but their superior "I've been playing longer than you" weapons and powers that give them the edge in online games as is the case in 9 out of 10 in online multiplayer versus modes.

That's like saying because Monster Hunter has terrible hitboxes the controls suck.
---
...Life is tedious if it ain't flowing... Trump x E4's Caitlin
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#32Xenesis XenonPosted 2/13/2013 9:21:30 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
DID you ever play hard mode then go back and play easy?

I have actually on a variety of games. And some games I've started on easy/normal/whatever and gone back and turned it up to hard. Locking away difficulty settings is like locking away whether you want your sound to be stereo or mono.

Honestly i still don't understand the logic behind complaining when you can play plenty of games that start out hard and stay hard.

Because its something that more games should do, period. Allowing people to set their own expectations is a good thing, as well.

But think of it like this.
IDK about dark souls but most games once you set the difficulty you cannot change it(basically preventing people from playing the entire game on easy then switching over to hard at the last second to get unlockables tied to hard mode)

Imagine you set the game on the hardest difficulty from the start then you realize you just cannot handle it yet.
(remember easy mode is for practicing for hard mode)

So because your difficulty is set to the highest level you basically have to start over or make your self so frustrated at the game you never want to touch it again.

Most modern games that don't lock you into a difficulty (eg, allowing free choice to change it if you want) will only award the unlockables if you don't change the difficulty.

And really, the counterpoint to your argument is that if you're craving a challenge if the game has locked you into a too-easy difficulty, you'll get bored and quit. It's the same problem at the other end.

Really, I think the change difficulty when you want approach is fine, it just requires a bit of finesse from the developer.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#33FefnirOmega13Posted 2/13/2013 10:00:49 PM
Easy mode is for elementary school students.

If you don't play normal you're afraid of difficulty.

Hahahaha.
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#34SMASHKING84Posted 2/13/2013 10:15:53 PM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Easy mode is for elementary school students.

If you don't play normal you're afraid of difficulty.

Hahahaha.

but in some games normal mode is ridiculously easy. Fail logic.

example tales of phantasia only has three difficulties and normal is the easy mode.
I mean zelda easy that easy
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Master of deceit.
#35ADHDguitarPosted 2/13/2013 10:18:00 PM
Did anyone actually read the OP before posting?
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#36SMASHKING84Posted 2/13/2013 10:27:08 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Did anyone actually read the OP before posting?

I did but i'm not here to discuss tc's obvious sarcasm. A couple people here keep saying idiotic things that basically state a game is only good if it's hard as hell.

I've been trying to say that just because you like hard games doesn't mean you should treat easy games like garbage.
Let's not forget the games we grew up with for the most part were only hard BECAUSE we were kids at the time.

Exceptions include:lost levels,megaman,contra,and shinobi

But i remember when i was young i had trouble with kirby super star. Now i can breaze through it and games like smb3
---
Master of deceit.
#37Sir_HaxorPosted 2/13/2013 10:38:13 PM
Forcing people to play on easy to unlock harder difficulty modes is dumb. You never even touch easy mode afterwards so it just proves that this method is worthless. Let me play the game on the difficulty I desire from the start.

Stop trying to chain me down to lower standards.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#38randomshemsPosted 2/13/2013 10:41:48 PM
yeah Nintendo games started getting easy when they decided to add audino to pokemon >>
#39SMASHKING84Posted 2/13/2013 10:46:38 PM
Sir_Haxor posted...
Forcing people to play on easy to unlock harder difficulty modes is dumb. You never even touch easy mode afterwards so it just proves that this method is worthless. Let me play the game on the difficulty I desire from the start.

Stop trying to chain me down to lower standards.

I was just explaining why developers do it btw.
I don't like it either.

personally i think kid icarus uprising did it right.

Easy mode is actually easy even if this the first game you've ever play. the final difficulty is so insane i'm sure even veterans have trouble.

Hell this why i like nsmb2 even though it's east already it was smart in realizing that easy is usally only easy to vets.

Maybe that game should have had something to make the game harder too but ehh it doesn't really matter people will call any game easy if it's not literally the hardest game they've played

Not everyone mind you,but far too many people do that.
---
Master of deceit.