Why do most people seem to play with the 3D off?

#101Flaktrooper123Posted 2/14/2013 4:38:50 AM
Because my eyes are too good so turning on the 3d gives me a 'motion sickness'.
#102SoeroahPosted 2/14/2013 4:52:23 AM
Drains battery, I see no point in having it on all the time when turning it on and off every now and then suffices.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#103IrateGameFAQerPosted 2/14/2013 5:15:11 AM
It's pointless.
It's the true definition of gimmick.
Adds virtually nothing to the game play, or immersion.
Battery killer
Doesn't really make games look any better

I would've been satisfied with a stronger DS, honestly. Or hell, maybe take it a step and have both screens touch screens...call it a 2DS
---
#1 Chris Bores fan!
#104Gamerater66Posted 2/14/2013 5:21:25 AM
So I don't hurt my head.
#105ShaunageAUPosted 2/14/2013 5:48:54 AM
It's really annoying when it doesn't work right, which is nearly always.
---
Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
#106Magus_StragusPosted 2/14/2013 6:23:31 AM
Bancario51 posted...
because the 3D doesn't have an auto tracking parameter that aligns with the players eyes. The players must align to it and that makes it lame. Also it drains the batteries fast and cuts down the frame rate for some games.

That would be a nice feature, one that isn't too hard to implement. With the frontal camera you could track the eye positions and... Well, it shouldn't be that hard and it would be a nice addition (although I'm not sure how accurate it could be.)
---
"Wait a minute... *dramatic pause* Magus is a girl? Mind=Blown" ~celltf
"wtf, magus is a girl?" ~Pent
#107ArkanenPosted 2/14/2013 6:27:01 AM
It eats the framerate and makes aliasing more visible
#108LK_MASTER_GAMERPosted 2/14/2013 6:33:46 AM
I don`t want to keep looking straight to the middle of the screen, if I turn my head just a little I start to see double things because of the 3D effect...

Also, it hurts my eyes, I can notice the weight of the 3D effect right when I look at it, and if used for too long, gives me a headache.
---
Sometimes I can`t see the value in fighting...There`s no profit in the enemies here, It`s a waste of time!
#109DanteSInferno84Posted 2/14/2013 6:35:39 AM
Kinda the same reason unless I was forced to in some games, I don't really use the touch screen features of most games (They all respond to button commands too in most cases).

It doesn't add much to me. I'm a vertan of the original GB, I don't need 3D to make me like the look of a game, its not yellow and green, looks almost console quality, and thats already amazing to me lol

Plus, no matter how I line up or adjust the 3D I just cannot see anything actually IN 3D. Every which way, it just looks like a fuzzy mess.
#110hulkamaniakzPosted 2/14/2013 6:36:47 AM
I turned it off because the 3d looked like s***, though I'm pretty sure my retarded eyes just see the 3d properly